By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the September 2005 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Where can I find some kind of facility survey that shows staffing levels for departments (maintenance, housekeeping, etc.)?
A IFMA has a publication entitled Benchmarks IV: Research Report #25. This 60-page report provides facility management costs on a per square foot basis for a variety of industry and facility types.
More than 400 facilities participated in the study. The data was collected in 2003 and 2004. The report covers operating costs—housekeeping, maintenance and utilities—along with support costs, project costs, health environment, and safety costs.
In addition, the report contains staffing data for housekeeping and maintenance functions. New areas covered include disaster planning costs and facility management IT costs. All of the FM costs are rolled up and provided on a per employee basis and per square foot basis.
To order this publication, visit www.ifma.org and go to the bookstore. The publication goes by the ID number 157221; it costs $120 (non-IFMA members; $60 for members).
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects