UNICCO embraces green services
UNICCO Service Company announced an expansion to its UNICCO GreenClean program. Following a year of active new account startups and customer conversions to green cleaning and services, UNICCO is launching a new GreenClean operations kit and a newly designed Web site for customers, prospects, and the industry. Further delivering on its “Guaranteed Clean. Certifiably Green” mission, the company is also launching the UNICCO GreenClean Compliant certification program for qualified customers.
For TFM‘s coverage of this topic, see “Life Cycle Management” from the archives.
“At UNICCO, we are well down the road on environmental practices,” says George Lohnes, UNICCO vice president. “We are moving into our second phase, building on our track record and demonstrated results. We believe that the green operations toolkit is the first in the industry to provide this level of comprehensive green cleaning guidance. This operational tool, coupled with the vast resources that we have gathered to address environmental consciousness, makes UNICCO the undisputed leader among building service contractors.”
UNICCO has developed a standard operating procedures tool box which is a comprehensive operations and communications green cleaning resource. The kit includes:
· A newly developed operations procedure manual with detailed procedures for approved green cleaning techniques
· A catalog of certified and approved green cleaning products along with data sheets
· A listing of approved equipment with data sheets
· Reporting forms for activities reporting, equipment maintenance and program certification
· Multilingual posters for break areas, mixing stations, and other work areas
· A video overview of UNICCO’s services and GreenClean program
· The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System guidelines
In addition, UNICCO has revamped its online eProcurement system to place Green Seal certified and environmentally preferable chemicals and equipment as default selections so operations people can easily order approved green products.
The company is also relaunching its Greencleaning.com Web site. Greencleaning.com is a one-stop resource for information on UNICCO’s environmental practices and partners. It includes information on Green Seal and LEED programs, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Ashkin Group and other resources, as well as news and information on environmental topics from industry publications.
The new GreenClean Compliant program extends UNICCO’s initiatives to its customers. In order to qualify, UNICCO cleaning and facilities services managers must submit specific reports and records that detail their green cleaning programs. This information is reviewed by an evaluation committee and, if qualified, the GreenClean Compliant designation is granted to the site. In order to uphold the program’s high standards, GreenClean Compliant sites must continue to requalify in order to maintain the status.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Facilities Generate Revenue With Frequency Regulation