UNICCO Service Company announced an expansion to its UNICCO GreenClean program. Following a year of active new account startups and customer conversions to green cleaning and services, UNICCO is launching a new GreenClean operations kit and a newly designed Web site for customers, prospects, and the industry. Further delivering on its “Guaranteed Clean. Certifiably Green” mission, the company is also launching the UNICCO GreenClean Compliant certification program for qualified customers.
For TFM‘s coverage of this topic, see “Life Cycle Management” from the archives.
“At UNICCO, we are well down the road on environmental practices,” says George Lohnes, UNICCO vice president. “We are moving into our second phase, building on our track record and demonstrated results. We believe that the green operations toolkit is the first in the industry to provide this level of comprehensive green cleaning guidance. This operational tool, coupled with the vast resources that we have gathered to address environmental consciousness, makes UNICCO the undisputed leader among building service contractors.”
UNICCO has developed a standard operating procedures tool box which is a comprehensive operations and communications green cleaning resource. The kit includes:
· A newly developed operations procedure manual with detailed procedures for approved green cleaning techniques
· A catalog of certified and approved green cleaning products along with data sheets
· A listing of approved equipment with data sheets
· Reporting forms for activities reporting, equipment maintenance and program certification
· Multilingual posters for break areas, mixing stations, and other work areas
· A video overview of UNICCO’s services and GreenClean program
· The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System guidelines
In addition, UNICCO has revamped its online eProcurement system to place Green Seal certified and environmentally preferable chemicals and equipment as default selections so operations people can easily order approved green products.
The company is also relaunching its Greencleaning.com Web site. Greencleaning.com is a one-stop resource for information on UNICCO’s environmental practices and partners. It includes information on Green Seal and LEED programs, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Ashkin Group and other resources, as well as news and information on environmental topics from industry publications.
The new GreenClean Compliant program extends UNICCO’s initiatives to its customers. In order to qualify, UNICCO cleaning and facilities services managers must submit specific reports and records that detail their green cleaning programs. This information is reviewed by an evaluation committee and, if qualified, the GreenClean Compliant designation is granted to the site. In order to uphold the program’s high standards, GreenClean Compliant sites must continue to requalify in order to maintain the status.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention