GRAINGER, sponsor of TFM‘s 2006 Facility Executive of the Year Award, recently announced the addition of more than 39,000 products to its new catalog (launching April 3, 2006). The expansion brings the number of products offered through its catalog from 82,000 to more than 115,000.
Make sure to check out Grainger’s offerings at The TFM Show, April 10-12, at the Navy Pier in Chicago.
The expanded offering consists of some 30,000 different fasteners such as screws, bolts, and nuts, and an additional 10,000 products spread across diverse product categories including electrical, cleaning, material handling, plumbing and ventilation. To celebrate the announcement the company commissioned a large fastener sculpture by well-known Chicago sculptor Erik Blome. The sculpture stands 7 feet tall, weighs approximately 500 pounds, and is comprised of thousands of fasteners and related products.
“Our customers count on us to be a one-stop shop for a broad selection of maintenance repair and operating supplies, enabling them to manage their facilities efficiently,” said Michael Pulick, Grainger’s vice president of product management. “We had a clear opportunity to bolster our offering, especially in fasteners. Today we are excited to announce that we are
poised to handle even more of our customers’ unplanned MRO needs.”
In addition to the new larger catalog with more products and information, the company will stock more than 4,000 fasteners
locally in most of its 400 U.S. branches with the balance available for shipping from distribution centers. Product selection tools will assist customers in narrowing their selection to the right product based on factors such as grade, size, and material. Advanced cross-referencing tools, a new dedicated fastener catalog and employee product training will also help customers save time in sourcing the right product for their applications.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips