GRAINGER, sponsor of TFM‘s 2006 Facility Executive of the Year Award, recently announced the addition of more than 39,000 products to its new catalog (launching April 3, 2006). The expansion brings the number of products offered through its catalog from 82,000 to more than 115,000.
Make sure to check out Grainger’s offerings at The TFM Show, April 10-12, at the Navy Pier in Chicago.
The expanded offering consists of some 30,000 different fasteners such as screws, bolts, and nuts, and an additional 10,000 products spread across diverse product categories including electrical, cleaning, material handling, plumbing and ventilation. To celebrate the announcement the company commissioned a large fastener sculpture by well-known Chicago sculptor Erik Blome. The sculpture stands 7 feet tall, weighs approximately 500 pounds, and is comprised of thousands of fasteners and related products.
“Our customers count on us to be a one-stop shop for a broad selection of maintenance repair and operating supplies, enabling them to manage their facilities efficiently,” said Michael Pulick, Grainger’s vice president of product management. “We had a clear opportunity to bolster our offering, especially in fasteners. Today we are excited to announce that we are
poised to handle even more of our customers’ unplanned MRO needs.”
In addition to the new larger catalog with more products and information, the company will stock more than 4,000 fasteners
locally in most of its 400 U.S. branches with the balance available for shipping from distribution centers. Product selection tools will assist customers in narrowing their selection to the right product based on factors such as grade, size, and material. Advanced cross-referencing tools, a new dedicated fastener catalog and employee product training will also help customers save time in sourcing the right product for their applications.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Site Security: Background Checks
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs