A real WORK of art from Grainger: thousands of new offerings
GRAINGER, sponsor of TFM‘s 2006 Facility Executive of the Year Award, recently announced the addition of more than 39,000 products to its new catalog (launching April 3, 2006). The expansion brings the number of products offered through its catalog from 82,000 to more than 115,000.
Make sure to check out Grainger’s offerings at The TFM Show, April 10-12, at the Navy Pier in Chicago.
The expanded offering consists of some 30,000 different fasteners such as screws, bolts, and nuts, and an additional 10,000 products spread across diverse product categories including electrical, cleaning, material handling, plumbing and ventilation. To celebrate the announcement the company commissioned a large fastener sculpture by well-known Chicago sculptor Erik Blome. The sculpture stands 7 feet tall, weighs approximately 500 pounds, and is comprised of thousands of fasteners and related products.
“Our customers count on us to be a one-stop shop for a broad selection of maintenance repair and operating supplies, enabling them to manage their facilities efficiently,” said Michael Pulick, Grainger’s vice president of product management. “We had a clear opportunity to bolster our offering, especially in fasteners. Today we are excited to announce that we are
poised to handle even more of our customers’ unplanned MRO needs.”
In addition to the new larger catalog with more products and information, the company will stock more than 4,000 fasteners
locally in most of its 400 U.S. branches with the balance available for shipping from distribution centers. Product selection tools will assist customers in narrowing their selection to the right product based on factors such as grade, size, and material. Advanced cross-referencing tools, a new dedicated fastener catalog and employee product training will also help customers save time in sourcing the right product for their applications.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.