GRAINGER, sponsor of TFM‘s 2006 Facility Executive of the Year Award, recently announced the addition of more than 39,000 products to its new catalog (launching April 3, 2006). The expansion brings the number of products offered through its catalog from 82,000 to more than 115,000.
Make sure to check out Grainger’s offerings at The TFM Show, April 10-12, at the Navy Pier in Chicago.
The expanded offering consists of some 30,000 different fasteners such as screws, bolts, and nuts, and an additional 10,000 products spread across diverse product categories including electrical, cleaning, material handling, plumbing and ventilation. To celebrate the announcement the company commissioned a large fastener sculpture by well-known Chicago sculptor Erik Blome. The sculpture stands 7 feet tall, weighs approximately 500 pounds, and is comprised of thousands of fasteners and related products.
“Our customers count on us to be a one-stop shop for a broad selection of maintenance repair and operating supplies, enabling them to manage their facilities efficiently,” said Michael Pulick, Grainger’s vice president of product management. “We had a clear opportunity to bolster our offering, especially in fasteners. Today we are excited to announce that we are
poised to handle even more of our customers’ unplanned MRO needs.”
In addition to the new larger catalog with more products and information, the company will stock more than 4,000 fasteners
locally in most of its 400 U.S. branches with the balance available for shipping from distribution centers. Product selection tools will assist customers in narrowing their selection to the right product based on factors such as grade, size, and material. Advanced cross-referencing tools, a new dedicated fastener catalog and employee product training will also help customers save time in sourcing the right product for their applications.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention