Datatel(R), Inc., and SchoolDude.com, Inc. announced yesterday a partnership to provide Datatel clients with a cost-effective and efficient way to manage their institution’s work order, preventive maintenance, and inventory management processes. The online operations management tools allow colleges and universities to realize increased savings and operational efficiencies.
The announcement was made at the Campus of the Future conference in Honolulu, Hawaii, which concludes today. This event is a joint conference of three associations that serve higher education: The Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers (APPA), the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO), and the Society for College and University Planning (SCUP).
“Datatel selected SchoolDude because they offer solutions designed to help plant management staff maintain and protect an institution’s significant investment in capital assets,” said Jayne W. Edge, vice president of strategic planning and marketing for Datatel. “They have consistently allowed higher education institutions to realize significant cost savings and gains in productivity.”
Datatel provides colleges and universities with higher education technology and services to improve efficiency in business processes by improving department workflows and productivity. Datatel Colleague(R), the company’s advanced enterprise resource planning software designed specifically for higher education, focuses on five key business areas: enrollment and student services, financial management, financial aid, human resources, and institutional advancement.
“According to APPA research released at the Campus of the Future conference, excellent facilities have a linkage with student attraction and retention,” said Lee Prevost, president and founder of SchoolDude.com. “A best in class facility management solution from SchoolDude, coupled with Datatel Colleague, will help clients improve productivity, manage workflow more efficiently, proactively maintain quality facilities for learning, and maintain a competitive advantage in attracting and retaining students.”
SchoolDude.com is dedicated exclusively to meeting the requirements of educational facilities and operations professionals with integrated solutions that extend facility life, improve service, reduce operating costs, and relieve capital budgets. SchoolDude’s web-native solutions help college and university officials properly plan, manage and maintain their facilities while maximizing their existing resources.
Datatel has partnered with SchoolDude to provide the following management tools:
* MaintenanceDirect(TM), which helps customers streamline the entire work order process from request to completion;
* PMDirect(TM), which helps users create, assign, and manage recurring maintenance tasks;
* InventoryDirect(TM), which allows users to streamline the process of ordering, issuing, and tracking inventory items; and
* PlanningDirect(TM), which simplifies strategic planning for colleges and universities future capital infrastructure needs
(C) 2006 Datatel, Inc. All rights reserved. Datatel and Colleague are registered trademarks of Datatel, Inc. All other names, products and services mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security