By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the July 2006 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I need help specifying a high SEER roof mounted commercial HVAC system of 25 tons cap. Dual stage compressor, make up air, and energy management systems should be built in. Do you have any suggestions?
A I have located some information that should assist in your quest to find the best system for your location and application. The first resource I recommend is from Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E). The publication, “Efficient Packaged HVAC Systems for Commercial Facilities,” is a great resource for recommendations, manufacturers, and other related information. The next highly regarded resource is the ARI Directory of Certified Product Performance from the Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Institute. Also for download is “Operations and Maintenance Best Practices…A Guide to Achieving Operational Efficiency Release 2.0.”
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Facility Executive Announces 2015 Readers’ Choice Awards
- New Research Campus Inspired By Cradle to Cradle Principles
- IFMA Foundation’s Global Workforce Initiative Welcomes First Member
- S2 Magic Monitor Version 2 by S2 Security
- What You Need To Know About Changes To NFPA 70E
- Outdoor Power Charging Stations From Legrand
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Aletra LED Troffer By Simkar
- FM SOLUTIONS 2015 (Audio)
- Friday Funny: 10 Cool Ways To Fight Productivity Killers
- FM Alert: Help Develop New Building Safety, Fire Prevention, And Energy Efficiency Codes
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions