The hottest new rap video can’t be seen on MTV, BET or even VH-1 – it’s on ASHRAE.org. That’s right – “rap video.” Not something you would think that the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) had the 4-11 about, right?
“If ASHRAE and our industry are going to be successful in promoting engineering and HVAC&R as career options, then we have to reach out to young people in a way that is entertaining and interesting to them,” Ron Johnson, chair of ASHRAE’s Student Activities Committee, said. “Hence, this video.”
ASHRAE: Licensed to Chill features a hot soundtrack accompanied by interviews with young members highlighting the importance of the HVAC&R industry to the world; the diverse and creative opportunities related to engineering as a career; and the difference the building industry makes related to sustainability.
“The video drives home the message that our industry truly engineers the world we live in, and that young people don’t want to miss out on the chance to be a part of that,” he said.
The video will be made available to middle and high schools that seek information about careers in engineering from ASHRAE.
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?