Bonus Friday Funny: Yo! Engineering as Career is Cool
The hottest new rap video can’t be seen on MTV, BET or even VH-1 – it’s on ASHRAE.org. That’s right – “rap video.” Not something you would think that the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) had the 4-11 about, right?
“If ASHRAE and our industry are going to be successful in promoting engineering and HVAC&R as career options, then we have to reach out to young people in a way that is entertaining and interesting to them,” Ron Johnson, chair of ASHRAE’s Student Activities Committee, said. “Hence, this video.”
ASHRAE: Licensed to Chill features a hot soundtrack accompanied by interviews with young members highlighting the importance of the HVAC&R industry to the world; the diverse and creative opportunities related to engineering as a career; and the difference the building industry makes related to sustainability.
“The video drives home the message that our industry truly engineers the world we live in, and that young people don’t want to miss out on the chance to be a part of that,” he said.
The video will be made available to middle and high schools that seek information about careers in engineering from ASHRAE.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ