By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the November 2006 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q How do I find a firm that can write a manual for a facility that is just finishing a major retrofit and upgrade?
Santa Monica, CA
A I found an excellent article on the need for a facilities operation manual, courtesy of the International Association of Assembly Managers. Written by Mike Mingus, operations supervisor at the Modesto Centre Plaza, this article has some suggestions on the kind of content the manual should include.
As for finding an author, you should be able to get someone in the architectural/space planning field who offers services in facility management. Even if dealing only with O&M, the providers should be able to contribute useful material on the upkeep of the equipment specific to your facility. The general contractor involved with the retrofit and upgrade should also be able to assist.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices