By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the February 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q What are the requirements for a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company in terms of office space and technology?
Hangzhou, Hejian, China
A The main thing to consider is the ability to integrate services withthe client’s needs and requirements. The technology must be availableas well as the resources necessary to operate, modify, and maintain it.
This may entail the availability of power, voice, and data servicesfor an “always on” infrastructure. It may also mean selecting a sitenear a competent source of labor.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- DCIM For Facility Management
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard