By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the February 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q What are the requirements for a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company in terms of office space and technology?
Hangzhou, Hejian, China
A The main thing to consider is the ability to integrate services withthe client’s needs and requirements. The technology must be availableas well as the resources necessary to operate, modify, and maintain it.
This may entail the availability of power, voice, and data servicesfor an “always on” infrastructure. It may also mean selecting a sitenear a competent source of labor.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts