By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the February 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q What are the requirements for a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company in terms of office space and technology?
Hangzhou, Hejian, China
A The main thing to consider is the ability to integrate services withthe client’s needs and requirements. The technology must be availableas well as the resources necessary to operate, modify, and maintain it.
This may entail the availability of power, voice, and data servicesfor an “always on” infrastructure. It may also mean selecting a sitenear a competent source of labor.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation