By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the February 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q What resources are there for the creation of a facilities maintenance manual, including consultants who can do this for us?
Pacific Palisades, CA
A The facility you have will make a difference in the type and detaillevel of a maintenance manual. Generally, an HVAC or EMP engineeringfirm can help with this task.
If you opt to undertake this project on your own, makesure you check with the manufacturers of the equipment you have in yourfacility. Each piece of equipment will have recommended maintenance andservice requirements. These requirements should help you create abaseline of the minimum maintenance schedule recommended for each majorcomponent.
Additional resources include:
- Fifteen O&M Best Practices (pdf)
- Guidelines for Obtaining Best Practice Contracts for Commercial Buildings Operation and Maintenance Service Contracts(pdf)
- Operations & Maintenance Best Practices Guide
These tools should provide assistance in the creation, organization, and relevant material required for your manual.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard