By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the March 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I am the sole facilities manager at a high profile productioncompany in Los Angeles. I have been with the company for three yearsand in my current position for almost two years. I have asked for araise, but my boss has requested I get “industry comps” before hedecides. Do you have any insight into the median salary for afacilities manager in an entertainment company with approximately50,000 square feet and 150 employees?
Name withheld upon request
A First thing I suggest is that you check your July 2006 issue of Today’sFacility Manager which includes the article, “You Can Take It To TheBank.” This story has some very detailed salary information gleanedfrom the magazine’s reader survey.
If you want to make additional comparisons with your peers, orderProfiles 2007: Salary Report (Research Report #29) from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA). This report also breaks out salary levels in detail. Order copies online from this link.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation