By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the March 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I am the sole facilities manager at a high profile productioncompany in Los Angeles. I have been with the company for three yearsand in my current position for almost two years. I have asked for araise, but my boss has requested I get “industry comps” before hedecides. Do you have any insight into the median salary for afacilities manager in an entertainment company with approximately50,000 square feet and 150 employees?
Name withheld upon request
A First thing I suggest is that you check your July 2006 issue of Today’sFacility Manager which includes the article, “You Can Take It To TheBank.” This story has some very detailed salary information gleanedfrom the magazine’s reader survey.
If you want to make additional comparisons with your peers, orderProfiles 2007: Salary Report (Research Report #29) from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA). This report also breaks out salary levels in detail. Order copies online from this link.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management