Tricks Of The Trade: Salary “Comps”
By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the March 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I am the sole facilities manager at a high profile productioncompany in Los Angeles. I have been with the company for three yearsand in my current position for almost two years. I have asked for araise, but my boss has requested I get “industry comps” before hedecides. Do you have any insight into the median salary for afacilities manager in an entertainment company with approximately50,000 square feet and 150 employees?
Name withheld upon request
A First thing I suggest is that you check your July 2006 issue of Today’sFacility Manager which includes the article, “You Can Take It To TheBank.” This story has some very detailed salary information gleanedfrom the magazine’s reader survey.
If you want to make additional comparisons with your peers, orderProfiles 2007: Salary Report (Research Report #29) from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA). This report also breaks out salary levels in detail. Order copies online from this link.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices