By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the November 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I have a concrete parking lot that has several cracks in each slab. Some areas have small cracks, while others have opened up substantially. The slabs that have opened up too much will have to be replaced. Is there a product or process that we can use to keep the smaller cracks from opening up farther and breaking up the concrete beyond repair?
Old National Bank
A I found several good resources for you to review regarding concrete repairs and patching.
- SealMaster (www.sealmaster.net)has a wide variety of products for asphalt and concrete surfaces. Aspecification guide with installation instructions is available for allof the company’s products. The guides are available for download at www.sealmaster.net/catalog/spec/index.html;
- BASF, The Chemical Company (www.buildingsystems.basf.com/productListing.asp), maintains an extensive list of concrete repair products;
- Construction Systems Supply, Inc. (www.csscorp.net/concrete.asp) has products for concrete repair and sealing;
- Delta Chemicals, Inc. (www.deltachemicals.com/concrete-floor-repair.htm?src=google) also has several viable solutions (including a Blog) for concrete repairs; and finally,
- The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (http://nrmca.org) may also be able to provide assistance on proper procedures to follow for repair and maintenance of concrete in parking lots.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms