By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the November 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I have a concrete parking lot that has several cracks in each slab. Some areas have small cracks, while others have opened up substantially. The slabs that have opened up too much will have to be replaced. Is there a product or process that we can use to keep the smaller cracks from opening up farther and breaking up the concrete beyond repair?
Old National Bank
A I found several good resources for you to review regarding concrete repairs and patching.
- SealMaster (www.sealmaster.net)has a wide variety of products for asphalt and concrete surfaces. Aspecification guide with installation instructions is available for allof the company’s products. The guides are available for download at www.sealmaster.net/catalog/spec/index.html;
- BASF, The Chemical Company (www.buildingsystems.basf.com/productListing.asp), maintains an extensive list of concrete repair products;
- Construction Systems Supply, Inc. (www.csscorp.net/concrete.asp) has products for concrete repair and sealing;
- Delta Chemicals, Inc. (www.deltachemicals.com/concrete-floor-repair.htm?src=google) also has several viable solutions (including a Blog) for concrete repairs; and finally,
- The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (http://nrmca.org) may also be able to provide assistance on proper procedures to follow for repair and maintenance of concrete in parking lots.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention