By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the November 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Where can I find information on what the average cost should be persquare foot to build out a raw space? I have a situation where theslab, deck, exterior walls/door/windows, rooftop units, and main sewerlines are completed and in place, but that’s about it. Since I’m notsure of the exact costs, I need something to help me weigh the generalcontractor’s (GC) proposal.
A Two helpful resources immediately come to mind:
- RSMeansoffers several guides to estimate construction costs. Visit the Website to find the guide most applicable to your specific project.
- The Building Journaloffers an online construction calculator which uses the 2004Construction Specification Institute’s MasterFormat. This tool allowsyou to input your own parameters and receive a rough project estimate.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- DCIM For Facility Management
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Friday Funny: Eight Linemen, One Elevator
- Solve™ Seating by The HON Company