By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the April 2008 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Do you know where I might buy soft walls (“meat locker sheets”) for data center cold aisle enclosures?
A You are probably thinking of either Goff’s Curtain Walls, which areavailable as single, two-sided, three-sided, or four-sided models orStrip Doors, which are usually installed on dock doors. The singlecurtain walls are available in different heights from 8′ to 12′ andwidths from 6′ to 24′. The multi-sided models are 24′ wide and come inmodels ranging from 8′ to 12′ high.
Thestrip doors can be bought in various kit sizes to fit most standarddock doors, in bulk rolls to make your own, or in custom cut strips.
One vendor I am familiar with is C&H Distributors, LLC. Sizes, pricing, and other options can be reviewed at the company’s Web site.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management