By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the April 2008 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Do you know where I might buy soft walls (“meat locker sheets”) for data center cold aisle enclosures?
A You are probably thinking of either Goff’s Curtain Walls, which areavailable as single, two-sided, three-sided, or four-sided models orStrip Doors, which are usually installed on dock doors. The singlecurtain walls are available in different heights from 8′ to 12′ andwidths from 6′ to 24′. The multi-sided models are 24′ wide and come inmodels ranging from 8′ to 12′ high.
Thestrip doors can be bought in various kit sizes to fit most standarddock doors, in bulk rolls to make your own, or in custom cut strips.
One vendor I am familiar with is C&H Distributors, LLC. Sizes, pricing, and other options can be reviewed at the company’s Web site.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?