By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the April 2008 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Do you know where I might buy soft walls (“meat locker sheets”) for data center cold aisle enclosures?
A You are probably thinking of either Goff’s Curtain Walls, which areavailable as single, two-sided, three-sided, or four-sided models orStrip Doors, which are usually installed on dock doors. The singlecurtain walls are available in different heights from 8′ to 12′ andwidths from 6′ to 24′. The multi-sided models are 24′ wide and come inmodels ranging from 8′ to 12′ high.
Thestrip doors can be bought in various kit sizes to fit most standarddock doors, in bulk rolls to make your own, or in custom cut strips.
One vendor I am familiar with is C&H Distributors, LLC. Sizes, pricing, and other options can be reviewed at the company’s Web site.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts