By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the May 2008 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q We recently formed a new department, QualityAudit Training (QAT), which I manage. I am in the process of developingformats, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and checklists, but Idon’t know where to find any resources to help me formulate and designsuch documents. I am particularly seeking help on audit reportspertaining to housekeeping.
Peninsula Facility Management Services
New Delhi, India
A Hereare some of the resources I would use to assist in the creation ofdifferent procedural documents as they specifically relate tohousekeeping:
The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association: Articles, standards and checklists are available from the site after the user registers.
BuildingOwners and Managers Association International (BOMA): Thisassociation’s bookstore has some maintenance related publicationsregarding commercial cleaning. For more information, visit this link.
TheU.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) also has some useful information on cleaning procedures. Checkout this link.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts