By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the May 2008 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q We recently formed a new department, QualityAudit Training (QAT), which I manage. I am in the process of developingformats, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and checklists, but Idon’t know where to find any resources to help me formulate and designsuch documents. I am particularly seeking help on audit reportspertaining to housekeeping.
Peninsula Facility Management Services
New Delhi, India
A Hereare some of the resources I would use to assist in the creation ofdifferent procedural documents as they specifically relate tohousekeeping:
The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association: Articles, standards and checklists are available from the site after the user registers.
BuildingOwners and Managers Association International (BOMA): Thisassociation’s bookstore has some maintenance related publicationsregarding commercial cleaning. For more information, visit this link.
TheU.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) also has some useful information on cleaning procedures. Checkout this link.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management