Tricks Of The Trade: Standardized Cleaning Documents
By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the May 2008 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q We recently formed a new department, QualityAudit Training (QAT), which I manage. I am in the process of developingformats, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and checklists, but Idon’t know where to find any resources to help me formulate and designsuch documents. I am particularly seeking help on audit reportspertaining to housekeeping.
Peninsula Facility Management Services
New Delhi, India
A Hereare some of the resources I would use to assist in the creation ofdifferent procedural documents as they specifically relate tohousekeeping:
The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association: Articles, standards and checklists are available from the site after the user registers.
BuildingOwners and Managers Association International (BOMA): Thisassociation’s bookstore has some maintenance related publicationsregarding commercial cleaning. For more information, visit this link.
TheU.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) also has some useful information on cleaning procedures. Checkout this link.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.