By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the May 2008 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q We recently formed a new department, QualityAudit Training (QAT), which I manage. I am in the process of developingformats, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and checklists, but Idon’t know where to find any resources to help me formulate and designsuch documents. I am particularly seeking help on audit reportspertaining to housekeeping.
Peninsula Facility Management Services
New Delhi, India
A Hereare some of the resources I would use to assist in the creation ofdifferent procedural documents as they specifically relate tohousekeeping:
The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association: Articles, standards and checklists are available from the site after the user registers.
BuildingOwners and Managers Association International (BOMA): Thisassociation’s bookstore has some maintenance related publicationsregarding commercial cleaning. For more information, visit this link.
TheU.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) also has some useful information on cleaning procedures. Checkout this link.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Cyber Security In Real Estate