By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the May 2008 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q We recently formed a new department, QualityAudit Training (QAT), which I manage. I am in the process of developingformats, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and checklists, but Idon’t know where to find any resources to help me formulate and designsuch documents. I am particularly seeking help on audit reportspertaining to housekeeping.
Peninsula Facility Management Services
New Delhi, India
A Hereare some of the resources I would use to assist in the creation ofdifferent procedural documents as they specifically relate tohousekeeping:
The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association: Articles, standards and checklists are available from the site after the user registers.
BuildingOwners and Managers Association International (BOMA): Thisassociation’s bookstore has some maintenance related publicationsregarding commercial cleaning. For more information, visit this link.
TheU.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) also has some useful information on cleaning procedures. Checkout this link.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation