Ambassador Paul E. Simons recently announced that the U.S. Embassy in Santiago, Chile will commission two new sustainable technology additions to the embassy’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
In support of the Santiago embassy’s “Sustainability Initiative for the Embassy” the U.S. Department of State Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) has installed two new state of the art energy technology systems in the embassy. A third sustainable energy project for the Ambassador’s Residence has been funded and is being designed. It will be installed this summer.
The first of the innovative energy technology systems installed in the building is a dedicated heat recovery chiller. This progressive, environmentally friendly application converts “waste heat” created by the embassy’s lighting, computer and telephone electronic applications into useful energy for hot water needed throughout the building without using any fossil fuels.
The second project is the installation of a modular air cooled chiller for the air conditioning system. These modular chillers have the lowest refrigerant charge per kilowatt available on the world market, reducing potential losses to the atmosphere. The innovative U. S. energy technology chillers were engineered and manufactured by Multistack, LLC, of Sparta, WI.
The third project is engineering design and installation of a solar domestic water heater for the Ambassador’s Residence. This solar water heater will provide the majority of the residence’s domestic hot water needs without the use of gas or electricity for heating the water.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- DCIM For Facility Management
- York Chiller Mobile App
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals