Plans for an 80 story building in Dubai reveal a structure designed be in motion. Italian architect Dr. David Fisher announced yesterday the launch of the Dynamic Tower, which he says will be constructed first in Dubai, then Moscow, with other locations planned worldwide.
Rotating Tower Dubai Development Ltd headed by the Dynamic Group, have announced the opening of the reservations list for the first Dynamic Tower in Dubai. The building will contain apartments and larger villas, and the entire building would run on wind energy from turbines sited on each floor.
Said Dr. Fisher, “The Dynamic Tower is environmentally friendly and the first building designed to be self-powered, with the ability to generate its own electricity, as well as for other nearby buildings, it achieves this feat with wind turbines fitted between each rotating floor, An 80-story building will have up to 79 wind turbines, making it a true green power plant.”
The Dynamic Tower would also be the first skyscraper to be built entirely from prefabricated parts that are custom made in a workshop, resulting in cost savings, including fewer workers on the construction site. “Each floor of the building can be completed in only seven days. From now on, buildings will be made in a factory,” Dr. Fisher said.
In terms of how building systems will remain intact as the building twists and turns, Fisher notes at the press conference yesterday that plumbing fixtures, for instance, would be along the lines of the flexible equipment used for aircraft refueling.
Plans Beyond The First Venture
Dr. Fisher also announced that the second Dynamic Tower planned for Moscow is now in the advanced design phase, with preassembling of the units to start soon and completion scheduled for 2010. The developer is the Mirax Group, headed by leading international developer Sergei Polonsky, The Moscow tower, which will have 70 floors and be 1,310 feet tall, will be located in Moscow City area.
“Our intention is to build the third Rotating Skyscraper in New York,” Dr. Fisher stated. “Additional Dynamic Towers will be built around the world, following an expression of interest from developers, governments, and public officials to construct a Dynamic Tower in Canada, Germany, Italy, Korea and Switzerland.
(Photo courtesy of Dynamic Architecture)
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Park Pissoir Prompts Lawsuit
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Handyclean™ Roll Wipes by Diamond Wipes
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Facility Management SOLUTIONS 2016
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- Safety Zone™ Sheet by Armstrong
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Friday Funny: Eight Linemen, One Elevator
- Four Ways To Combat Deferred Maintenance Demands
- Construction Project Failures Weigh On Industry Despite Advances In Planning And Controls