While children undergo medical care at the Phoenix Children’s Hospital in Phoenix, AZ, many parents will be staying next door at the new Ronald McDonald House. The facility, whichi is located on the hospital campus and opened in June, provides a home away from home for families of seriously ill and injured children receiving treatment at the hospital.
To make the facility’s building controls and security system integrate with each other and to provide a comfortable and safe environment for occupants, Tridium and its West coast distributor, Controlco, donated their Vykon Facility Automation and Security solutions to the new House. The Vykon solutions also integrate with the CCTV equipment donated by Dedicated Micros. A significant portion of the job labor and install was also donated by Controlco’s local Vykon Systems Integrator in Phoenix, Dataline Resource. This 17,300 square foot location will be one of the first Ronald McDonald facilities to combine this powerful combination of technology.
“This new Ronald McDonald House in Phoenix is a leading example of what can be accomplished by integrating access control, closed circuit television (CCTV), and building controls all in one facility through one platform,” said Andy McMahon, Controlco’s Area Sales Manager. “By using the Vykon Solutions, the builders have been able to select best of breed products, making this a leading edge project in the realm of controls integration.”
“Tridium is pleased to partner with Controlco on this very special project. Installing Vykon enables the local managers to integrate a variety of systems into one unified solution, reducing cost and overhead. This allows the house staff to focus on what is important—the patients and their families,” said Marc Petock, Tridium’s Vice President of Global Marketing and Communications.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix For the past 20 years, Ronald McDonald House of Phoenix has offered a comfortable, welcoming and affordable haven for families who come to this “home-away-from-home.” The families stay for days, weeks, sometimes months at a time, while their children undergo medical treatment at Valley hospitals. They are asked to pay just $10 a day to stay at the House, but no family is ever turned away because of their inability to pay. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix is a non profit organization supported by individual, corporate and foundation donations.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
Topic Tags: Tridium