While children undergo medical care at the Phoenix Children’s Hospital in Phoenix, AZ, many parents will be staying next door at the new Ronald McDonald House. The facility, whichi is located on the hospital campus and opened in June, provides a home away from home for families of seriously ill and injured children receiving treatment at the hospital.
To make the facility’s building controls and security system integrate with each other and to provide a comfortable and safe environment for occupants, Tridium and its West coast distributor, Controlco, donated their Vykon Facility Automation and Security solutions to the new House. The Vykon solutions also integrate with the CCTV equipment donated by Dedicated Micros. A significant portion of the job labor and install was also donated by Controlco’s local Vykon Systems Integrator in Phoenix, Dataline Resource. This 17,300 square foot location will be one of the first Ronald McDonald facilities to combine this powerful combination of technology.
“This new Ronald McDonald House in Phoenix is a leading example of what can be accomplished by integrating access control, closed circuit television (CCTV), and building controls all in one facility through one platform,” said Andy McMahon, Controlco’s Area Sales Manager. “By using the Vykon Solutions, the builders have been able to select best of breed products, making this a leading edge project in the realm of controls integration.”
“Tridium is pleased to partner with Controlco on this very special project. Installing Vykon enables the local managers to integrate a variety of systems into one unified solution, reducing cost and overhead. This allows the house staff to focus on what is important—the patients and their families,” said Marc Petock, Tridium’s Vice President of Global Marketing and Communications.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix For the past 20 years, Ronald McDonald House of Phoenix has offered a comfortable, welcoming and affordable haven for families who come to this “home-away-from-home.” The families stay for days, weeks, sometimes months at a time, while their children undergo medical treatment at Valley hospitals. They are asked to pay just $10 a day to stay at the House, but no family is ever turned away because of their inability to pay. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix is a non profit organization supported by individual, corporate and foundation donations.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
Topic Tags: Tridium