“The acquisition of Burke is a perfect fit in our strategic growth as a full-flooring resource for the contract sector,” said Jack Ganley, president of Mannington Commercial. “Not only are we delighted to be able to expand the range of flooring choices we already offer designers and architects, but we’re excited to be able to wed the superb caliber and functionality of Burke products with Mannington’s exceptional color and design expertise. This promises to yield strong future style contenders for our brand and increased flooring solutions for the marketplace.”
In addition to product synergy, the companies have complementary histories as well as commitments to the future, noted Burke President and CEO Bob Pitman. “The similarities in our corporate cultures and experiences are a big advantage,” he said.
Tom Davis, president and CEO of Mannington Mills based in Salem, NJ, agrees. “Both companies rely on the value of being good people to do business with, which is exemplified not only with words, but with actions. Additionally, both companies have a strong commitment to environmental innovation and practices, closing the loop on our respective materials by developing new and improved ways for recycling the products we use and integrating a variety of recycle streams.
Davis said that Burke, based in San Jose, CA, with a second facility in Eustis, FL, will maintain its brand identity and become a Mannington subsidiary, and that operations at both locations will continue. No other terms of the acquisition were disclosed.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention