“The acquisition of Burke is a perfect fit in our strategic growth as a full-flooring resource for the contract sector,” said Jack Ganley, president of Mannington Commercial. “Not only are we delighted to be able to expand the range of flooring choices we already offer designers and architects, but we’re excited to be able to wed the superb caliber and functionality of Burke products with Mannington’s exceptional color and design expertise. This promises to yield strong future style contenders for our brand and increased flooring solutions for the marketplace.”
In addition to product synergy, the companies have complementary histories as well as commitments to the future, noted Burke President and CEO Bob Pitman. “The similarities in our corporate cultures and experiences are a big advantage,” he said.
Tom Davis, president and CEO of Mannington Mills based in Salem, NJ, agrees. “Both companies rely on the value of being good people to do business with, which is exemplified not only with words, but with actions. Additionally, both companies have a strong commitment to environmental innovation and practices, closing the loop on our respective materials by developing new and improved ways for recycling the products we use and integrating a variety of recycle streams.
Davis said that Burke, based in San Jose, CA, with a second facility in Eustis, FL, will maintain its brand identity and become a Mannington subsidiary, and that operations at both locations will continue. No other terms of the acquisition were disclosed.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- HeiTel XOh by Xtralis
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month