Flooring Company Acquires Burke Industries
“The acquisition of Burke is a perfect fit in our strategic growth as a full-flooring resource for the contract sector,” said Jack Ganley, president of Mannington Commercial. “Not only are we delighted to be able to expand the range of flooring choices we already offer designers and architects, but we’re excited to be able to wed the superb caliber and functionality of Burke products with Mannington’s exceptional color and design expertise. This promises to yield strong future style contenders for our brand and increased flooring solutions for the marketplace.”
In addition to product synergy, the companies have complementary histories as well as commitments to the future, noted Burke President and CEO Bob Pitman. “The similarities in our corporate cultures and experiences are a big advantage,” he said.
Tom Davis, president and CEO of Mannington Mills based in Salem, NJ, agrees. “Both companies rely on the value of being good people to do business with, which is exemplified not only with words, but with actions. Additionally, both companies have a strong commitment to environmental innovation and practices, closing the loop on our respective materials by developing new and improved ways for recycling the products we use and integrating a variety of recycle streams.
Davis said that Burke, based in San Jose, CA, with a second facility in Eustis, FL, will maintain its brand identity and become a Mannington subsidiary, and that operations at both locations will continue. No other terms of the acquisition were disclosed.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management