“The acquisition of Burke is a perfect fit in our strategic growth as a full-flooring resource for the contract sector,” said Jack Ganley, president of Mannington Commercial. “Not only are we delighted to be able to expand the range of flooring choices we already offer designers and architects, but we’re excited to be able to wed the superb caliber and functionality of Burke products with Mannington’s exceptional color and design expertise. This promises to yield strong future style contenders for our brand and increased flooring solutions for the marketplace.”
In addition to product synergy, the companies have complementary histories as well as commitments to the future, noted Burke President and CEO Bob Pitman. “The similarities in our corporate cultures and experiences are a big advantage,” he said.
Tom Davis, president and CEO of Mannington Mills based in Salem, NJ, agrees. “Both companies rely on the value of being good people to do business with, which is exemplified not only with words, but with actions. Additionally, both companies have a strong commitment to environmental innovation and practices, closing the loop on our respective materials by developing new and improved ways for recycling the products we use and integrating a variety of recycle streams.
Davis said that Burke, based in San Jose, CA, with a second facility in Eustis, FL, will maintain its brand identity and become a Mannington subsidiary, and that operations at both locations will continue. No other terms of the acquisition were disclosed.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades