Flooring Company Acquires Burke Industries
“The acquisition of Burke is a perfect fit in our strategic growth as a full-flooring resource for the contract sector,” said Jack Ganley, president of Mannington Commercial. “Not only are we delighted to be able to expand the range of flooring choices we already offer designers and architects, but we’re excited to be able to wed the superb caliber and functionality of Burke products with Mannington’s exceptional color and design expertise. This promises to yield strong future style contenders for our brand and increased flooring solutions for the marketplace.”
In addition to product synergy, the companies have complementary histories as well as commitments to the future, noted Burke President and CEO Bob Pitman. “The similarities in our corporate cultures and experiences are a big advantage,” he said.
Tom Davis, president and CEO of Mannington Mills based in Salem, NJ, agrees. “Both companies rely on the value of being good people to do business with, which is exemplified not only with words, but with actions. Additionally, both companies have a strong commitment to environmental innovation and practices, closing the loop on our respective materials by developing new and improved ways for recycling the products we use and integrating a variety of recycle streams.
Davis said that Burke, based in San Jose, CA, with a second facility in Eustis, FL, will maintain its brand identity and become a Mannington subsidiary, and that operations at both locations will continue. No other terms of the acquisition were disclosed.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.