The company has acquired PWI Energy, an independent global provider of energy and greenhouse gas management services, based in Philadelphia, PA. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
The acquisition is part of Johnson Controls Inc.‘s ongoing strategy to deepen and broaden the company’s leadership in energy and greenhouse gas management solutions providing global organizations access to a comprehensive suite of energy and sustainability-related offerings. In North America, Johnson Controls can further expand the enterprise-wide energy management solutions provided to customers in vertical market segments, such as government, education, industrial manufacturing and many other industries.
PWI Energy currently serves global clients with an energy management program that integrates energy supply management, energy efficiency services, and energy information, and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions management. The company has developed an information technology platform which organizes all the information needed to create a comprehensive, global management system for energy and greenhouse gases.
PWI Energy will integrate into Johnson Controls’ Global Workplace Solutions business, which is a recognized leader in managing the real estate portfolios of global organizations with multiple facilities.
“With the acquisition of PWI we are now even better positioned to help global organizations measure, manage and reduce their energy costs, as well as their overall Greenhouse Gas Footprint,” said Iain Campbell, vice president and general manager, North American Service and Global WorkPlace Solutions, Johnson Controls. “In this era of rising energy prices and increasing concern over the environmental impact of greenhouse gas emissions, our enhanced solutions can positively impact climate change while decreasing organizations’ vulnerability to a volatile market.”
“Johnson Controls was quick to recognize PWI Energy’s ability to bring state-of-the-art energy management technology and services to the table,” said Joseph Turk, president and principal, PWI Energy. “We look forward to seeing our solutions integrated into the Johnson Controls family and to bring greater benefits to customers the world over.”
PWI will retain offices in Philadelphia, and will take on the Johnson Controls name within a few months.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts