The $10,000 gift from the office furniture manufacturer will help support 24 programs for visually impaired children and adults. Chicago Lighthouse is a social service agency dedicated to assisting people with visual challenges. Programs offered include the nation’s oldest low vision clinic, a nationally acclaimed school for children with multi-disabilities, and a legal clinic helping blind people fight discrimination.
The gift from Kimball Office was part of its “See People at Work” activities during the recent NeoCon trade show in Chicago. The company notes that the amount of the gift was made possible, in part, by the record number of designers and facility managers who visited its Wells Street showroom. Kimball Office donated $10 for every scanned visitor.
“All of us here at the Chicago Lighthouse appreciate this very generous donation from Kimball Office. It will assist our efforts in helping people who are blind or visually impaired lead richer, more independent lives,” says Lighthouse public relations director, Dominic Calabrese.
“Respect, dignity and service are among our core values,” says Jeff Fenwick, vice president/ general manager, Kimball Office. “We’re honored to be able to support the Chicago Lighthouse in giving Chicagoland’s visually impaired children and adults the skills they need to be valued members of the community.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades