The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) has hired David B. Calabrese to fill a newly created position of vice president, public policy. In that role, he will oversee and provide overall direction for the association’s government relations, regulatory, research, and international affairs activities.
Calabrese comes to AHRI from the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, where he has served as vice president of government relations since 2003. Calabrese also served as director of government relations for the Electronic Industries Alliance from 1990 to 2000 and as an attorney with the Washington, DC law firm of Dewey Ballantine, LLP, where he represented association clients on Capitol Hill and in federal agencies.
Calabrese, who holds a Masters Degree in International Relations from The George Washington University and a law degree from The George Washington University School of Law, will join AHRI on September 15.
In other AHRI news, on September 8 the association will be moving its headquarters to a new location. The group will remain in Arlington, VA. When the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI) and Gas Appliance Manufacturers Association (GAMA) merged on January 1 to become AHRI, the combined staff resulted in the need for a larger office space.
The new address is 2111 Wilson Blvd., Suite 500, Arlington, VA 22201-3001. Staff telephone numbers, email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Web site address (www.ahrinet.org) remain the same.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management