This past May, Emerson Motor Company’s U.S. MOTORS® brand reached its 100th year in the electric motors industry. Founded in 1908 in Los Angeles, U.S. Electrical Motors, Inc. was acquired by Emerson Electric Co. in 1962. Today, the U.S. MOTORS brand is continues as part of Emerson Motor Company.
The U.S. MOTORS brand was an early developer of induction motors and the innovation of the vertical HOLLOSHAFT® motor, a product that continues to be a leader in the liquid pumping industry.
“We look forward to another productive century of growth and developing further advances in technology,” said Jim Lindemann, Chairman and CEO of Emerson Motor Company. “As we look back on the first 100 years of the U.S. MOTORS brand, we embrace a future built on engineering expertise, world class manufacturing, customer satisfaction and product reliability.”
Emerson Motor Company and the U.S. MOTORS brand combine to offer OEMs, end-users, and aftermarket customers solutions to their motor challenges. Recent innovations include:
* API 547®* motors, offering new alternatives in oil and gas processing, using LEAN manufacturing principles;
* A full range of NEMA Premium®* motors that meet the newly enacted energy efficiency legislation (EISA); and
* Variable speed solutions from fractional to thousands of horsepower using technologies including brushless permanent magnet and switched reluctance motors and drives.
Over the past 100 years, the U.S. MOTORS brand has grown to be a global brand. Emerson Motor Company operates 16 manufacturing facilities and seven engineering centers in six countries.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month