This past May, Emerson Motor Company’s U.S. MOTORS® brand reached its 100th year in the electric motors industry. Founded in 1908 in Los Angeles, U.S. Electrical Motors, Inc. was acquired by Emerson Electric Co. in 1962. Today, the U.S. MOTORS brand is continues as part of Emerson Motor Company.
The U.S. MOTORS brand was an early developer of induction motors and the innovation of the vertical HOLLOSHAFT® motor, a product that continues to be a leader in the liquid pumping industry.
“We look forward to another productive century of growth and developing further advances in technology,” said Jim Lindemann, Chairman and CEO of Emerson Motor Company. “As we look back on the first 100 years of the U.S. MOTORS brand, we embrace a future built on engineering expertise, world class manufacturing, customer satisfaction and product reliability.”
Emerson Motor Company and the U.S. MOTORS brand combine to offer OEMs, end-users, and aftermarket customers solutions to their motor challenges. Recent innovations include:
* API 547®* motors, offering new alternatives in oil and gas processing, using LEAN manufacturing principles;
* A full range of NEMA Premium®* motors that meet the newly enacted energy efficiency legislation (EISA); and
* Variable speed solutions from fractional to thousands of horsepower using technologies including brushless permanent magnet and switched reluctance motors and drives.
Over the past 100 years, the U.S. MOTORS brand has grown to be a global brand. Emerson Motor Company operates 16 manufacturing facilities and seven engineering centers in six countries.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention