Nystrom Building Products of Brooklyn Park MN recently announced its acquisition of Arden Architectural Specialties, Inc. of New Brighton MN. Nystrom Building Products is a direct-to-site provider of complementary products for the commercial construction industry. Nystrom and Arden Architectural offer complementary lines of products serving the same markets.
Nystrom CEO Scott Sustacek described the acquisition as a good fit in terms of both culture and business objectives. “Employees at both organizations describe themselves as focused on the customer,” Sustacek said. “Nystrom is about quality products, responsiveness and flexibility with our customers. We routinely adapt our products and processes to fit with the way they do business. This acquisition is very much in line with that philosophy and strategy. We look forward to realizing the many synergies that will benefit both our customers and our combined workforce.”
According to Arden Architectural founder and president Fred Berndt, “Our employees and customers helped us build this business from scratch, so we’ve been committed to finding a transition strategy that would honor their efforts and ensure the continued growth of the business. After many discussions over a number of months, we’re confident that Nystrom offers the complementary products, expertise and values necessary for us to achieve our objectives.”
Nystrom will continue to offer Arden Architectural products and services under the Arden Architectural brand through its network of manufacturers reps. Nystrom’s direct sales force will assume responsibility for sales and service in areas not currently serviced by Arden Architectural representatives.
About Nystrom Building Products
Sixty-year-old Nystrom Building Products, which sells direct to commercial contractors, provides a wide range of products, from architectural louvers to expansion joint covers to fire extinguisher cabinets, for major construction projects on five continents.
Nystrom has become an active participant in “building information modeling,” which brings together architects, builders and manufacturers to create detailed, shared working models of both the building and the construction process before a shovel of dirt has been moved. The result is a faster, more efficient building process using “just in time” principles first developed in manufacturing and retail applications.
About Arden Architectural
Twenty-year-old Arden Architectural works with architects, engineers and interior designers to design and specify components such as entrance systems, wall protection, and stair nosings for use in commercial and institutional building projects.
Arden Architectural is an active member of the US Green Building Council and its regional chapter. The company has made a commitment to achieving sustainability in both its products and its operations.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation