Nystrom Broadens Offerings Through Acquisition
Nystrom Building Products of Brooklyn Park MN recently announced its acquisition of Arden Architectural Specialties, Inc. of New Brighton MN. Nystrom Building Products is a direct-to-site provider of complementary products for the commercial construction industry. Nystrom and Arden Architectural offer complementary lines of products serving the same markets.
Nystrom CEO Scott Sustacek described the acquisition as a good fit in terms of both culture and business objectives. “Employees at both organizations describe themselves as focused on the customer,” Sustacek said. “Nystrom is about quality products, responsiveness and flexibility with our customers. We routinely adapt our products and processes to fit with the way they do business. This acquisition is very much in line with that philosophy and strategy. We look forward to realizing the many synergies that will benefit both our customers and our combined workforce.”
According to Arden Architectural founder and president Fred Berndt, “Our employees and customers helped us build this business from scratch, so we’ve been committed to finding a transition strategy that would honor their efforts and ensure the continued growth of the business. After many discussions over a number of months, we’re confident that Nystrom offers the complementary products, expertise and values necessary for us to achieve our objectives.”
Nystrom will continue to offer Arden Architectural products and services under the Arden Architectural brand through its network of manufacturers reps. Nystrom’s direct sales force will assume responsibility for sales and service in areas not currently serviced by Arden Architectural representatives.
About Nystrom Building Products
Sixty-year-old Nystrom Building Products, which sells direct to commercial contractors, provides a wide range of products, from architectural louvers to expansion joint covers to fire extinguisher cabinets, for major construction projects on five continents.
Nystrom has become an active participant in “building information modeling,” which brings together architects, builders and manufacturers to create detailed, shared working models of both the building and the construction process before a shovel of dirt has been moved. The result is a faster, more efficient building process using “just in time” principles first developed in manufacturing and retail applications.
About Arden Architectural
Twenty-year-old Arden Architectural works with architects, engineers and interior designers to design and specify components such as entrance systems, wall protection, and stair nosings for use in commercial and institutional building projects.
Arden Architectural is an active member of the US Green Building Council and its regional chapter. The company has made a commitment to achieving sustainability in both its products and its operations.
You might like:
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Upgrading Power Transformers
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Fall Is A Great Time To Focus On Energy Systems
- Webinar: The Impact of Using Defendable Data to Assess & Budget for the Future
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Students Benefit From One Of World’s Only Living Buildings
- Greener Living, One Parking Lot At A Time
- Stepping Up Security And Service During UN Week 2015