Have You Got Networkable Power Meters?
Earlier this year, I traveled with several other journalists to attend a high tech event in Germany. While I was on that trip, I met a brilliant man named Brian Chee from the University of Hawai’i at Manoa. In his capacity with the University, Chee not only builds and tests innovative power management solutions for server rooms and data centers, he also writes about the results and shares his findings freely with anyone who can benefit.
Currently, Chee is looking for facility professionals who would like to monitor their organizations’ energy usage through a free, Web based tool. The only requirement is that participating facilities must have networkable power meters.
Chee explains that the goal of the project is to “build a Web based system for displaying both live and historical power utilization. It’s my hope that the project will be adopted throughout the university, including 10 campuses and 30 research institutes. I will eventually be donating the source code to the public domain (open source).”
Chee is using power monitoring devices from a Portland, OR-based company called Obvius, but he is looking for partners using any type of networkable power meters. Sample tables and graphs for the project can be found at the following link.
Anyone interested in participating in this project should contact Chee directly. Here is his contact information:
University of Hawai’i at Manoa
School of Ocean and Earth Sciences and Technology (SOEST)
2525 Correa Road, HIG 500
Honolulu, HI 96822
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.