The company has secured global rights from DuPont allowing it to sell R-422D, a replacement for R-22 in refrigeration and air conditioning systems. R-422D is a non-ozone-depleting hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerant that is a retrofit solution for replacing ozone-depleting R-22 in existing systems. Honeywell will sell R-422D under the Genetron® refrigerants brand name.
“This global agreement allows Honeywell to provide additional solutions for its customers all over the world who must meet regulatory requirements to phase-out ozone-deplete substances,” said David Diggs, global business director for the refrigerants business of Honeywell Fluorine Products.
Under the Montreal Protocol, all signatory nations have agreed to phase-out the use of ozone-depleting substances, including chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs). The European Union has aggressively implemented this change. In 2003, it banned new systems from using R-22, a HCFC refrigerant. Additionally, in 2010 the production of R-22 for refrigeration and air-conditioning applications for service of existing equipment will also be prohibited. Owners of R-22 based equipment will either need to service the equipment with recycled/reclaimed R-22, use a retro-fit fluid such as R-422D or replace the equipment. Other countries are also implementing the phase-out of R-22.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- DCIM For Facility Management
- York Chiller Mobile App