The company has secured global rights from DuPont allowing it to sell R-422D, a replacement for R-22 in refrigeration and air conditioning systems. R-422D is a non-ozone-depleting hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerant that is a retrofit solution for replacing ozone-depleting R-22 in existing systems. Honeywell will sell R-422D under the Genetron® refrigerants brand name.
“This global agreement allows Honeywell to provide additional solutions for its customers all over the world who must meet regulatory requirements to phase-out ozone-deplete substances,” said David Diggs, global business director for the refrigerants business of Honeywell Fluorine Products.
Under the Montreal Protocol, all signatory nations have agreed to phase-out the use of ozone-depleting substances, including chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs). The European Union has aggressively implemented this change. In 2003, it banned new systems from using R-22, a HCFC refrigerant. Additionally, in 2010 the production of R-22 for refrigeration and air-conditioning applications for service of existing equipment will also be prohibited. Owners of R-22 based equipment will either need to service the equipment with recycled/reclaimed R-22, use a retro-fit fluid such as R-422D or replace the equipment. Other countries are also implementing the phase-out of R-22.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention