UGL Unicco has extended its UGL Unicco GreenClean® initiative to encompass energy, water, operations & maintenance, and several other categories where the company has expertise to share with customers. Launched in October 2004, UGL Unicco GreenClean is a comprehensive sustainability program that fundamentally changed the way the company purchases equipment and supplies, manages worksites, and measures results.
With its recent announcement UGL Unicco GreenClean now addresses sustainability on more levels through a broader portfolio of services. The company also has several U.S. Green Building Council LEED AP experts who are available to guide facility managers through the certification process.
The expanded program takes a more comprehensive approach to many core functions. For instance, the effects of cleaning operations on energy usage are considered, and have resulted in new site level policies and procedures to reduce energy usage on a case-by-case basis. Additionally, to meet the needs of customers in the U.S. and Canada, the list of approved cleaning supplies now includes Green Seal-certified products, as well as products approved by Environmental Choice.
The UGL Unicco GreenClean program now also supports a wider range of services that are relevant to LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance guidelines in order to help customers achieve certification and to retain the status going forward. It also helps others that have not gone through the formal process but want to follow a best practices approach to sustainability.
Specifically, UGL Unicco GreenClean addresses several LEED Registered Building Checklist categories including:
- Sustainable Sites: In addition to core indoor and outdoor facilities services, UGL Unicco helps customers improve sustainable transportation options, as well as reduce light pollution.
- Water Efficiency: The company brings its expertise to bear on water metering, as well as efficient indoor and landscaping water uses.
- Energy & Atmosphere: UGL Unicco introduces customers to energy & atmosphere best practices, and monitors and manages renewable energy, refrigerants and other operations that affect indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Materials & Resources: The company continues its sustainable purchasing and waste management practices and extends these services to customers for use with their internal systems.
- Indoor Environmental Quality: In addition to continuous progress in cleaning operations, UGL Unicco offers HVAC services including thermal monitoring, filter maintenance and other services that improve IAQ metrics.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention