Habitat For Humanity Surpasses 300,000 Homes
In 2001, ASSA ABLOY decided to support Habitat for Humanity’s mission to build houses for families in need and help address homelessness around the world. In November, the company, a provider of door hardware and security solutions, noted a major milestone for that organization. On November 13 and 14, construction began on Habitat’s 300,000th and 300,001st house, in Naples, FL and Zacapa, Guatemala, respectively.
ASSA ABLOY began its relationship as a sponsor of Habitat for Humanity seven years ago providing interior and exterior locksets for all Habitat homes built in the United States. To date the company has donated approximately 375,000 locks.
This milestone represents a decade of major growth for Habitat for Humanity, which was founded in 1976. In 2000, Habitat’s 100,000th house was built in New York City and 100,001st house in Plains, GA. Five years later, Habitat dedicated its 200,000th home in Knoxville, TN; and 200,001st house in Kanyakumari, India.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.