In 2001, ASSA ABLOY decided to support Habitat for Humanity’s mission to build houses for families in need and help address homelessness around the world. In November, the company, a provider of door hardware and security solutions, noted a major milestone for that organization. On November 13 and 14, construction began on Habitat’s 300,000th and 300,001st house, in Naples, FL and Zacapa, Guatemala, respectively.
ASSA ABLOY began its relationship as a sponsor of Habitat for Humanity seven years ago providing interior and exterior locksets for all Habitat homes built in the United States. To date the company has donated approximately 375,000 locks.
This milestone represents a decade of major growth for Habitat for Humanity, which was founded in 1976. In 2000, Habitat’s 100,000th house was built in New York City and 100,001st house in Plains, GA. Five years later, Habitat dedicated its 200,000th home in Knoxville, TN; and 200,001st house in Kanyakumari, India.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management