In 2001, ASSA ABLOY decided to support Habitat for Humanity’s mission to build houses for families in need and help address homelessness around the world. In November, the company, a provider of door hardware and security solutions, noted a major milestone for that organization. On November 13 and 14, construction began on Habitat’s 300,000th and 300,001st house, in Naples, FL and Zacapa, Guatemala, respectively.
ASSA ABLOY began its relationship as a sponsor of Habitat for Humanity seven years ago providing interior and exterior locksets for all Habitat homes built in the United States. To date the company has donated approximately 375,000 locks.
This milestone represents a decade of major growth for Habitat for Humanity, which was founded in 1976. In 2000, Habitat’s 100,000th house was built in New York City and 100,001st house in Plains, GA. Five years later, Habitat dedicated its 200,000th home in Knoxville, TN; and 200,001st house in Kanyakumari, India.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation