In 2001, ASSA ABLOY decided to support Habitat for Humanity’s mission to build houses for families in need and help address homelessness around the world. In November, the company, a provider of door hardware and security solutions, noted a major milestone for that organization. On November 13 and 14, construction began on Habitat’s 300,000th and 300,001st house, in Naples, FL and Zacapa, Guatemala, respectively.
ASSA ABLOY began its relationship as a sponsor of Habitat for Humanity seven years ago providing interior and exterior locksets for all Habitat homes built in the United States. To date the company has donated approximately 375,000 locks.
This milestone represents a decade of major growth for Habitat for Humanity, which was founded in 1976. In 2000, Habitat’s 100,000th house was built in New York City and 100,001st house in Plains, GA. Five years later, Habitat dedicated its 200,000th home in Knoxville, TN; and 200,001st house in Kanyakumari, India.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?