Habitat For Humanity Surpasses 300,000 Homes
In 2001, ASSA ABLOY decided to support Habitat for Humanity’s mission to build houses for families in need and help address homelessness around the world. In November, the company, a provider of door hardware and security solutions, noted a major milestone for that organization. On November 13 and 14, construction began on Habitat’s 300,000th and 300,001st house, in Naples, FL and Zacapa, Guatemala, respectively.
ASSA ABLOY began its relationship as a sponsor of Habitat for Humanity seven years ago providing interior and exterior locksets for all Habitat homes built in the United States. To date the company has donated approximately 375,000 locks.
This milestone represents a decade of major growth for Habitat for Humanity, which was founded in 1976. In 2000, Habitat’s 100,000th house was built in New York City and 100,001st house in Plains, GA. Five years later, Habitat dedicated its 200,000th home in Knoxville, TN; and 200,001st house in Kanyakumari, India.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management