DC-Based Company Providing Equipment For Today’s Inauguration
ICx Technologies, a developer of advanced sensor technologies for homeland security, force protection, and commercial applications, is providing security equipment in Washington, DC today for the Presidential inauguration. The company has provided four SkyWatch towers, two DefendIR thermal cameras, four IBAC biological sensor units, and two Illuminator cameras to help ensure security at the Capitol and on the National Mall.
According to ICx, the equipment was provided to the U.S. Park Police, in cooperation with the National Park Service; ICx personnel conducted pre-event training for security personnel, and members of the ICx technical staff are also on site for product and staff support.
Law enforcement officials in cities such as New Orleans, San Diego and New York City use SkyWatch towers for surveillance and crowd control at special events (Mardi Gras, the Super Bowl, NASCAR races, etc.), and others use them for various purposes, including parking lot security.
DefendIRs are mid-range thermal imagers that can see in complete darkness and through a multitude of environmental conditions including smoke, rain, snow, dust, and dense fog. The DefendIR is based on Forward Looking InfraRed (FLIR) technology developed for the U.S. Military.
The IBAC sensor units provide early warning of biological aerosol threats. It facilitates the process of identifying bio-terror agents to allow for containment, treatment, and remediation. IBAC units are designed to detect concentrated levels of biological aerosols, which can include bacterial spores (such as B. anthracis, which causes anthrax), bacteria (such as Y. pestis, which causes plague), viruses (such as smallpox), and toxins (such as ricin).
The Illuminator is a deterrence system that uses a day/low-light CCD camera with a spotlight to detect, deter, and immobilize intruders. The spotlight on the Illuminator can detect and temporarily disorient intruders within a one-mile radius.
“As a D.C.-based company, we were proud to be able to assist with providing security for this critical event,” said Hans Kobler, CEO of ICx. “We also provide our equipment and personnel at the Statue of Liberty, and ICx products are in place at other iconic U.S. locations, such as Hoover Dam.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.