The International Facility Management Association recently announced that the Facility Management Association of Australia has replaced its accreditation system with IFMA’s Certified Facility Manager and Facility Management Professional credentialing programs.
The change, which took effect Jan. 1, 2009, revises the credentials FMA Australia has had in place since 2000 and is in line with the collaborative goals outlined in the two associations’ Partners in FM Excellence agreement.
Transitionary arrangements for those who received credentials through FMA Australia’s accreditation system have been negotiated with IFMA and the International Credentials Committee, the governing body that oversees the CFM and FMP programs.
“Our organizations have been working together for many years, and FMA Australia’s decision to adopt our credentials is one of the fruits of that partnership,” said IFMA president and CEO David J. Brady. “We think this says a lot about the strength and validity of our credentials in the global marketplace and is the next step forward in expanding our Partners in FM Excellence agreement.”
“FMA Australia is very pleased to be adopting IFMA’s credentialing programs within the Australian marketplace,” said David Duncan, CEO of FMA Australia. “The currency, international recognition, rigor, and continuous professional development requirements make the CFM and FMP programs highly relevant in Australia. FMA Australia is looking forward to working closely with IFMA and the ICC to ensure that these programs maintain their relevance and value in Australia and across the globe.”
More information on the CFM and FMP programs can be found here.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention