The International Facility Management Association recently announced that the Facility Management Association of Australia has replaced its accreditation system with IFMA’s Certified Facility Manager and Facility Management Professional credentialing programs.
The change, which took effect Jan. 1, 2009, revises the credentials FMA Australia has had in place since 2000 and is in line with the collaborative goals outlined in the two associations’ Partners in FM Excellence agreement.
Transitionary arrangements for those who received credentials through FMA Australia’s accreditation system have been negotiated with IFMA and the International Credentials Committee, the governing body that oversees the CFM and FMP programs.
“Our organizations have been working together for many years, and FMA Australia’s decision to adopt our credentials is one of the fruits of that partnership,” said IFMA president and CEO David J. Brady. “We think this says a lot about the strength and validity of our credentials in the global marketplace and is the next step forward in expanding our Partners in FM Excellence agreement.”
“FMA Australia is very pleased to be adopting IFMA’s credentialing programs within the Australian marketplace,” said David Duncan, CEO of FMA Australia. “The currency, international recognition, rigor, and continuous professional development requirements make the CFM and FMP programs highly relevant in Australia. FMA Australia is looking forward to working closely with IFMA and the ICC to ensure that these programs maintain their relevance and value in Australia and across the globe.”
More information on the CFM and FMP programs can be found here.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management