FMA Australia Adopts IFMA’s CFM, FMP Credentials
The International Facility Management Association recently announced that the Facility Management Association of Australia has replaced its accreditation system with IFMA’s Certified Facility Manager and Facility Management Professional credentialing programs.
The change, which took effect Jan. 1, 2009, revises the credentials FMA Australia has had in place since 2000 and is in line with the collaborative goals outlined in the two associations’ Partners in FM Excellence agreement.
Transitionary arrangements for those who received credentials through FMA Australia’s accreditation system have been negotiated with IFMA and the International Credentials Committee, the governing body that oversees the CFM and FMP programs.
“Our organizations have been working together for many years, and FMA Australia’s decision to adopt our credentials is one of the fruits of that partnership,” said IFMA president and CEO David J. Brady. “We think this says a lot about the strength and validity of our credentials in the global marketplace and is the next step forward in expanding our Partners in FM Excellence agreement.”
“FMA Australia is very pleased to be adopting IFMA’s credentialing programs within the Australian marketplace,” said David Duncan, CEO of FMA Australia. “The currency, international recognition, rigor, and continuous professional development requirements make the CFM and FMP programs highly relevant in Australia. FMA Australia is looking forward to working closely with IFMA and the ICC to ensure that these programs maintain their relevance and value in Australia and across the globe.”
More information on the CFM and FMP programs can be found here.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ