You’ve heard of modern marvels, right? Well now there is a phenomenon of modern maladies sweeping through the computer based world we call 2009. In order to help keep its visitors up with the times, FacilityBlog brings you this glossary of terms that apply to today’s techno-times. It’s an oldie but a goodie from New Scientist, by way of Peter SJF Bance.
Blog Streaking: Revealing secrets of a personal nature online, which for everybody’s sake would best be kept private. (Some people just crave attention.)
Cyberchondria: A headache and a particular rash at the same time. Extensive research on the Internet convinces you it’s terminal.
Egosurfing: When “just checking” gets out of control. (James T. Kirk would be a good example.)
Google stalking: Snooping online on old friends, colleagues, or first dates (or former failed colleagues who were less than ideal co-workers).
Infornography: Acquiring and sharing information is an addiction. (No comment.)
MySpace impersonation: Many of us pretend to be somebody we are not when online, but some pretend to be a famous personality. (Not me, of course….)
Photolurking: Flicking through a photo album belonging to someone you have never met.
Powerpointlessness: One too many flashy slides. (I love this one!)
Wikipediholism: Excessive devotion to an online collaborative encyclopedia. (No comment again.)
YouTube narcissism: Not even your closest friend wants to see your holiday videos.
Check for the last Wiki condition here.
This Friday Funny is in honor of Liz Davidson.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Site Security: Background Checks
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs