You’ve heard of modern marvels, right? Well now there is a phenomenon of modern maladies sweeping through the computer based world we call 2009. In order to help keep its visitors up with the times, FacilityBlog brings you this glossary of terms that apply to today’s techno-times. It’s an oldie but a goodie from New Scientist, by way of Peter SJF Bance.
Blog Streaking: Revealing secrets of a personal nature online, which for everybody’s sake would best be kept private. (Some people just crave attention.)
Cyberchondria: A headache and a particular rash at the same time. Extensive research on the Internet convinces you it’s terminal.
Egosurfing: When “just checking” gets out of control. (James T. Kirk would be a good example.)
Google stalking: Snooping online on old friends, colleagues, or first dates (or former failed colleagues who were less than ideal co-workers).
Infornography: Acquiring and sharing information is an addiction. (No comment.)
MySpace impersonation: Many of us pretend to be somebody we are not when online, but some pretend to be a famous personality. (Not me, of course….)
Photolurking: Flicking through a photo album belonging to someone you have never met.
Powerpointlessness: One too many flashy slides. (I love this one!)
Wikipediholism: Excessive devotion to an online collaborative encyclopedia. (No comment again.)
YouTube narcissism: Not even your closest friend wants to see your holiday videos.
Check for the last Wiki condition here.
This Friday Funny is in honor of Liz Davidson.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation