Sustainability in the workplace is no longer an optional trend—it is becoming a mandatory practice for facility managers worldwide. Many global, financial and environmental factors are contributing to the ultimate need for a complete shift to sustainability in the FM industry.
The new course, “Sustainable FM: A Practitioner’s Guide to Greening Your Facility,” is now the most in-demand session offered by IFMA’s education department. This valuable program will assist facility managers lead sustainability efforts and take practical actions to justify programs.
- Introduction and self assessment
- Sustainability assessment of organization and facility management department
- Metrics, reporting and green claims
- Greening your facility management operations
- Greening your physical activities
- Greening your physical activities (continued)
- Engaging upper management
- Leading sustainable change
- Analyzing the sustainability team
- Choosing your entry point
- Creating the action plan
- Post-course self assessment
March 30-31, 2009 Vancouver, B.C., Canada
May 14-15, 2009 Charlotte, N.C., USA
Speaker: Kit Tuveson, CFM, IFMA Fellow
Kit Tuveson is president of Tuveson & Associates LLC, a facility management consultancy company. His 36-year Hewlett-Packard career included responsible positions in process engineering, manufacturing line management, facility management and environmental health and safety. Tuveson has managed facility teams, global program managers, cross functional teams and has served as global director facility operations and also global director of environmental health and safety.
He is a graduate of Stanford University with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a master’s degree in industrial engineering. He served IFMA as board chairman (1997-1998). Tuveson has developed a new California State University Sacramento Certificate Program on Greening Your Business and Sustainable FM.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention