Sustainability in the workplace is no longer an optional trend—it is becoming a mandatory practice for facility managers worldwide. Many global, financial and environmental factors are contributing to the ultimate need for a complete shift to sustainability in the FM industry.
The new course, “Sustainable FM: A Practitioner’s Guide to Greening Your Facility,” is now the most in-demand session offered by IFMA’s education department. This valuable program will assist facility managers lead sustainability efforts and take practical actions to justify programs.
- Introduction and self assessment
- Sustainability assessment of organization and facility management department
- Metrics, reporting and green claims
- Greening your facility management operations
- Greening your physical activities
- Greening your physical activities (continued)
- Engaging upper management
- Leading sustainable change
- Analyzing the sustainability team
- Choosing your entry point
- Creating the action plan
- Post-course self assessment
March 30-31, 2009 Vancouver, B.C., Canada
May 14-15, 2009 Charlotte, N.C., USA
Speaker: Kit Tuveson, CFM, IFMA Fellow
Kit Tuveson is president of Tuveson & Associates LLC, a facility management consultancy company. His 36-year Hewlett-Packard career included responsible positions in process engineering, manufacturing line management, facility management and environmental health and safety. Tuveson has managed facility teams, global program managers, cross functional teams and has served as global director facility operations and also global director of environmental health and safety.
He is a graduate of Stanford University with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a master’s degree in industrial engineering. He served IFMA as board chairman (1997-1998). Tuveson has developed a new California State University Sacramento Certificate Program on Greening Your Business and Sustainable FM.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades