Expanded Pasadena Convention Center Pursuing LEED Silver
The $150 million Pasadena Convention Center expansion project is now complete. The expanded center, which includes 55,000 square feet of new exhibit space and a 25,000 square foot ballroom, opened on March 1, 2009, six weeks ahead of schedule to accommodate the first group The California Police Chiefs Association Annual Conference.
“We are thrilled that construction is now complete and the Center is open for business” said Michael Ross, CEO of the Pasadena Center Operating Company (PCOC). “We know that everyone, from clients to partners, as well as PCOC employees have been waiting for this day to arrive. The City of Pasadena now has a new, state-of-the-art facility that doubles the size of the previous Center, which will attract meeting planners looking for added capacity and features.”
“We are honored that our conference was the first to use the new Pasadena Convention Center,” said Bernard K. Melekian, City of Pasadena police chief and president of the California Police Chiefs Association. “The PCOC staff worked tirelessly to ensure that the Center was ready for the conference and they were helpful in every way. The new Center was an integral part of the conference’s astounding success. It is a wonderful addition to Pasadena and I applaud the PCOC on this beautiful new building.”
The expanded facility also has many environmentally friendly features that include water conserving restrooms, low water landscaping with storm water run-off used for irrigation, high efficiency lighting, and an automated energy control system. There is also bike storage areas and shower/changing rooms for employees, preferred parking for car pools, and incentives for the use of public transit to encourage less automobile traffic. The expanded facility is striving for LEED Silver certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
The expanded Center now completes the Pasadena Convention Center complex that includes the historic Pasadena Civic Auditorium and the refurbished Conference Building. The official grand opening of the expanded Convention Center is scheduled April 3-5.
The Pasadena Center Operating Company is a nonprofit organization responsible for managing the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena Civic Auditorium and Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.