Christopher Ahoy, associate vice president for facilities planning and management at Iowa State University has released his latest book, Customer-Driven Operations Management. In the book, Ahoy explains how to combine Six Sigma, Baldrige, Balanced Scorecard, and other popular management tools into a fully integrated system that will increase productivity and profits, making it possible to deliver products and services better, cheaper, and faster.
Customer-Driven Operations Management walks readers through the steps of creating a world-class organization, which include:
- Mapping processes to target weak points;
- Realigning management systems from functional to process-focused;
- Setting benchmarks throughout the process to help quantify levels of success;
- Establishing a system of knowledge management for the seamless alignment of teams and departments; and
- Creating a sound strategic planning initiative to eliminate future surprises.
In today’s increasingly competitive global economy, operational excellence is absolutely essential for any organization that seeks to thrive, not just survive. This means enacting measures to defragment existing processes and putting into place a system that facilitates continuous quality initiatives and systemic improvements.
Customer-Driven Operations Management provides the tools you need to locate the weak operational links in an organization and offers prescriptive measures for building a world-class enterprise. With optimized customer-focused operations in their sights, facility professionals can target all levels of operations to create an effective organization with operational excellence.
An internationally recognized expert on quality initiatives, Ahoy is responsible for having his organization become a three-time recipient of the state of Iowa’s annual Iowa Recognition for Performance Excellence Silver Achievement award.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management