Hot Off The Press: Customer-Driven Operations Management
Christopher Ahoy, associate vice president for facilities planning and management at Iowa State University has released his latest book, Customer-Driven Operations Management. In the book, Ahoy explains how to combine Six Sigma, Baldrige, Balanced Scorecard, and other popular management tools into a fully integrated system that will increase productivity and profits, making it possible to deliver products and services better, cheaper, and faster.
Customer-Driven Operations Management walks readers through the steps of creating a world-class organization, which include:
- Mapping processes to target weak points;
- Realigning management systems from functional to process-focused;
- Setting benchmarks throughout the process to help quantify levels of success;
- Establishing a system of knowledge management for the seamless alignment of teams and departments; and
- Creating a sound strategic planning initiative to eliminate future surprises.
In today’s increasingly competitive global economy, operational excellence is absolutely essential for any organization that seeks to thrive, not just survive. This means enacting measures to defragment existing processes and putting into place a system that facilitates continuous quality initiatives and systemic improvements.
Customer-Driven Operations Management provides the tools you need to locate the weak operational links in an organization and offers prescriptive measures for building a world-class enterprise. With optimized customer-focused operations in their sights, facility professionals can target all levels of operations to create an effective organization with operational excellence.
An internationally recognized expert on quality initiatives, Ahoy is responsible for having his organization become a three-time recipient of the state of Iowa’s annual Iowa Recognition for Performance Excellence Silver Achievement award.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ