Following nearly 16 years of service to the International Facility Management Association, President and CEO David J. Brady has announced he will retire during the first quarter of 2010. Brady’s leadership has seen the association’s membership grow from less than 9,000 members when he joined IFMA in 1993, to nearly 20,000 members internationally today. Under Brady’s guidance, the association has formalized its strategic planning process and implemented the balanced scorecard management methodology.
During his tenure, Brady has worked as the association’s director of member services, vice president of education and event management, vice president of administration, and executive vice president and chief operating officer. He has represented IFMA on the board of the Society of American Military Engineers and on the executive committees of the Energy Efficiency Forum and the Open Standards Consortium for Real Estate. Additionally, Brady has received two IFMA Chairman’s Citations for his leadership, and his presentations on facility management and workplace trends have been featured globally.
“Much of the success we’ve achieved during my time at IFMA has occurred as a result of the strong team we have in place here at IFMA headquarters and the collaboration between that team and the association’s board of directors,” said Brady. “What I’ll miss most about IFMA is its vibrancy and being a continued part of its growth and success.”
Brady leaves IFMA with 26 years in association management experience. Prior to joining IFMA, he worked for the National Association of Credit Management and Michigan National Bank. Brady is a graduate of Olivet College in Olivet, MI.
John McGee, MBA, chairman of the IFMA board of directors, will appoint a committee to oversee the process of naming a new president and CEO. Brady will work closely with the new committee to help determine his successor. Following his retirement, Brady plans to continue to give back to the association management community by becoming an industry consultant.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?