In 2008, the American Heart Association (AHA) released new CPR guidelines emphasizing the importance of calling for help and delivering hands-only CPR rather than conventional CPR, which includes mouth-to-mouth breaths. The automated external defibrillators (AEDs) made by Defibtech of Guilford, CT already met that guideline, providing voice prompts to rescuers that are appropriate for both lay and professional users.
The FDA-approved Lifeline® (shown here) and ReviveR™ AEDs from Defibtech first direct the rescuer to “call for help,” consistent with a primary AHA guideline. After the rescuer places the pads on the victim, the AED automatically analyzes the victim to determine if the patient has an abnormal rhythm associated with sudden cardiac arrest. After delivering a shock to a victim in arrest, the defibrillator instructs the rescuer to “begin CPR now” and starts a voice-prompted two-minute countdown instructing the rescuer at 15-second intervals to continue CPR. After the first two-minute CPR cycle, the defibrillator again assesses the victim’s heart rhythm and, if required, delivers a shock followed by additional voice prompts instructing additional two-minute CPR cycles.
If AHA guidelines change in the future, Defibtech AEDs can be updated for free by users where the units are deployed. This makes it easier for facility managers to stay current with new guidelines.
The Defibtech AED has earned several product design awards, including the Best Bang for the Buck Award from Frost & Sullivan.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- DCIM For Facility Management
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- York Chiller Mobile App