In 2008, the American Heart Association (AHA) released new CPR guidelines emphasizing the importance of calling for help and delivering hands-only CPR rather than conventional CPR, which includes mouth-to-mouth breaths. The automated external defibrillators (AEDs) made by Defibtech of Guilford, CT already met that guideline, providing voice prompts to rescuers that are appropriate for both lay and professional users.
The FDA-approved Lifeline® (shown here) and ReviveR™ AEDs from Defibtech first direct the rescuer to “call for help,” consistent with a primary AHA guideline. After the rescuer places the pads on the victim, the AED automatically analyzes the victim to determine if the patient has an abnormal rhythm associated with sudden cardiac arrest. After delivering a shock to a victim in arrest, the defibrillator instructs the rescuer to “begin CPR now” and starts a voice-prompted two-minute countdown instructing the rescuer at 15-second intervals to continue CPR. After the first two-minute CPR cycle, the defibrillator again assesses the victim’s heart rhythm and, if required, delivers a shock followed by additional voice prompts instructing additional two-minute CPR cycles.
If AHA guidelines change in the future, Defibtech AEDs can be updated for free by users where the units are deployed. This makes it easier for facility managers to stay current with new guidelines.
The Defibtech AED has earned several product design awards, including the Best Bang for the Buck Award from Frost & Sullivan.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention