New Product Flash: AEDs From Defibtech
In 2008, the American Heart Association (AHA) released new CPR guidelines emphasizing the importance of calling for help and delivering hands-only CPR rather than conventional CPR, which includes mouth-to-mouth breaths. The automated external defibrillators (AEDs) made by Defibtech of Guilford, CT already met that guideline, providing voice prompts to rescuers that are appropriate for both lay and professional users.
The FDA-approved Lifeline® (shown here) and ReviveR™ AEDs from Defibtech first direct the rescuer to “call for help,” consistent with a primary AHA guideline. After the rescuer places the pads on the victim, the AED automatically analyzes the victim to determine if the patient has an abnormal rhythm associated with sudden cardiac arrest. After delivering a shock to a victim in arrest, the defibrillator instructs the rescuer to “begin CPR now” and starts a voice-prompted two-minute countdown instructing the rescuer at 15-second intervals to continue CPR. After the first two-minute CPR cycle, the defibrillator again assesses the victim’s heart rhythm and, if required, delivers a shock followed by additional voice prompts instructing additional two-minute CPR cycles.
If AHA guidelines change in the future, Defibtech AEDs can be updated for free by users where the units are deployed. This makes it easier for facility managers to stay current with new guidelines.
The Defibtech AED has earned several product design awards, including the Best Bang for the Buck Award from Frost & Sullivan.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ