The Starline™ Plug-In Raceway from Universal Electric Corporation was designed to address the everchanging power distribution and datacom needs of university, hospital, research, pharmaceutical, and data labs. The product’s design offers flexibility, providing facility managers the ability to add or relocate electrical outlet plug-in modules anywhere on the raceway quickly and easily.
Insulated copper bus bars are preinstalled in the raceway sections. The user snaps the pre-assembled electrical outlet plug-in modules into place on the raceway backplane and the connection to power is made automatically without having to interrupt power. An optional datacom channel is available for data, video, and audio applications. Computer and phone jacks can also be placed at any location on the cable channel
The Plug-In Raceway system is tested to meet NEC and UL standards and carries the ETL mark. Joints and plug-in units require no maintenance.
The system is relocatable and scalable, allowing facility managers to expand, reconfigure or relocate the system anywhere they need power. It also helps to reduce installation time and related costs. In terms of safety and convenience, the Plug-In Raceway system allows the user to avoid large panel boards in a remote location and has greater flexibility without the confusion of determining which breaker corresponds to which outlet.
Available in 20, 40 or 60 Amps bussing; 120/208Vac or 277/480Vac; customizable lengths of raceway sections up to 10 feet; optional isolated ground; various plug-in modules are available complete with breaker and receptacle, and can be relocated anywhere on the raceway; plug-in modules are available in single phase and three phase configurations up to 30 amps; a variety of power feeds, elbows and fittings are available; field-cutting of elbows for precise jobsite fit; optional steel EMI shielding separator between channels.
The raceway is built with a smooth aluminum finish and its compact design requires minimal space. Available in white or metallic silver finish. Custom colors are available.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs