Safety Technology International, Inc. has introduced the Fire Extinguisher Theft Stopper® (STI-6200). This battery operated alarm offers a steel cable operated switch mechanism to help stop theft and vandalism of fire extinguishers.
If the protected fire extinguisher is moved from its normal position, the device emits a piercing alarm (either 95dB or 105 dB). The alarm is easy to install and comes complete with a 9 volt battery, anchors, and screws. Also supplied is a short cable to deactivate the alarm for service personnel to perform maintenance on the fire extinguisher. (End user must verify the alarm and battery every six months and replace battery annually or as required.) Additionally, the highly visible stop sign design and the words “STOP, EMERGENCY USE ONLY” on the STI-6200 discourages wrongful use.
Self contained, the device does not interfere with fire fighting in any way. With a recommended operating range of between 32ºF to 120ºF (0ºC to 49ºC), the STI-6200 features a compact patented design of 5” (127mm) in diameter and 1.875”(48mm) deep.
There is a remote powered 12 VDC model available for special applications (STI-6200R). Also available in green housing to comply with newer standards (STI-6200G). Housing is molded of super tough polycarbonate and is UV-stabilized. Lifetime guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate housing (one year on electronic components).
For fire extinguishers housed in cabinets, STI offers its STI-6255 Mini Theft Stopper®.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management