SunPower Corp., a manufacturer of high-efficiency, solar cells, solar panels, and solar systems, has completed construction on a 305-kilowatt SunPower solar power system atop the roof of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Alice Springs, Northern Territory. Invest North Pty Ltd. is the owner of the project, which is the largest roof-mounted solar power system in Australia.
“We are proud that Invest North chose SunPower’s high-efficiency solar panels to help power its flagship hotel in Australia,” said Bob Blakiston, managing director of SunPower Australia. “This installation is a testament to the growing adoption of solar energy on commercial and public buildings. The Crowne Plaza Hotel’s solar electric system is expected to provide between 40 and 80 percent of the hotel’s power requirements, depending on the time of year.”
The Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage, and Arts (DEWHA) provided financial backing for this project as part of Australia’s AUD $94 million Solar Cities Program.
“Through the support of the Rudd Labor government, projects such as this set a clear standard for what is expected of Australian companies when reducing their environmental impact,” added Blakiston.
SunPower entered the emerging Australian solar market in 2008, with the acquisition of Solar Sales Pty Ltd. Solar Sales had partnered with SunPower for several years prior as a leading systems integrator and product distribution organization.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- York Chiller Mobile App