With a full day of clear skies, the TFM Institutional Forum started its second day with a dramatic bang. After breakfast in the Crown Room, FM Frequency Columnist Jeff Crane delivered his General Session, “Aggressive Utilities Management,” to a group of facilities executives anxious to go back and apply what they had learned to their own operations practices. As one of the few people who can make energy management humorous AND interesting, Crane discussed the metrics typically associated with utilities consumption, including where to find them and how to interpret them.
Following Monday morning’s General Session, delegates and sponsors began attending the one-on-one meetings that are the hallmark of TFM Forum events. The pre-scheduled meetings take place between sponsors, who represent facility management product and service providers from across North America; and delegates, facility executives from the education, government, or healthcare sectors who are actively seeking those products and services. Those attendees who were not matched up with sponsors had a chance to attend education sessions delivered by experts in the field like Jim Elledge (TFM‘s Tricks of the Trade columnist), Robert Wetherell, David Casavant, and Kreon Cyros.
Additional networking opportunities arose during lunch and dinner, which were once again set against impressive backdrops. Some folks were so engaged in conversation during dinner, they had a hard time breaking away long enough to continue their discussions later in the lounge. It was another all around outstanding day (made even better by the famous California weather).
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation