With a full day of clear skies, the TFM Institutional Forum started its second day with a dramatic bang. After breakfast in the Crown Room, FM Frequency Columnist Jeff Crane delivered his General Session, “Aggressive Utilities Management,” to a group of facilities executives anxious to go back and apply what they had learned to their own operations practices. As one of the few people who can make energy management humorous AND interesting, Crane discussed the metrics typically associated with utilities consumption, including where to find them and how to interpret them.
Following Monday morning’s General Session, delegates and sponsors began attending the one-on-one meetings that are the hallmark of TFM Forum events. The pre-scheduled meetings take place between sponsors, who represent facility management product and service providers from across North America; and delegates, facility executives from the education, government, or healthcare sectors who are actively seeking those products and services. Those attendees who were not matched up with sponsors had a chance to attend education sessions delivered by experts in the field like Jim Elledge (TFM‘s Tricks of the Trade columnist), Robert Wetherell, David Casavant, and Kreon Cyros.
Additional networking opportunities arose during lunch and dinner, which were once again set against impressive backdrops. Some folks were so engaged in conversation during dinner, they had a hard time breaking away long enough to continue their discussions later in the lounge. It was another all around outstanding day (made even better by the famous California weather).
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention