With a full day of clear skies, the TFM Institutional Forum started its second day with a dramatic bang. After breakfast in the Crown Room, FM Frequency Columnist Jeff Crane delivered his General Session, “Aggressive Utilities Management,” to a group of facilities executives anxious to go back and apply what they had learned to their own operations practices. As one of the few people who can make energy management humorous AND interesting, Crane discussed the metrics typically associated with utilities consumption, including where to find them and how to interpret them.
Following Monday morning’s General Session, delegates and sponsors began attending the one-on-one meetings that are the hallmark of TFM Forum events. The pre-scheduled meetings take place between sponsors, who represent facility management product and service providers from across North America; and delegates, facility executives from the education, government, or healthcare sectors who are actively seeking those products and services. Those attendees who were not matched up with sponsors had a chance to attend education sessions delivered by experts in the field like Jim Elledge (TFM‘s Tricks of the Trade columnist), Robert Wetherell, David Casavant, and Kreon Cyros.
Additional networking opportunities arose during lunch and dinner, which were once again set against impressive backdrops. Some folks were so engaged in conversation during dinner, they had a hard time breaking away long enough to continue their discussions later in the lounge. It was another all around outstanding day (made even better by the famous California weather).
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management