The Global Facility Management Association (Global FM) is pleased to announce the first ever World FM Day, to take place on August 28, 2009. Global FM member organizations on five different continents will celebrate World FM Day by organizing events such as luncheons, seminars, and workshops, or by undertaking any other activity to celebrate and promote facilities management.
Global FM hopes that World FM Day will:
- Draw attention to the aims, objectives and progress of the facilities management profession around the globe;
- Highlight the valuable contribution good facilities management has made—and is making—to sustainable global communities; productive, safe, healthy and secure work environments; and local and global economies; and
- Give worldwide coverage to the ideals of facilities management, not only within the profession and industry, but also to governments and the general public.
“I am very proud that we will celebrate the first World FM Day this August with our friends across the globe, and it is a great sign of how Global FM contributes to ‘advancing facilities management,’” said Global FM Chairman Steve Gladwin. “It will be an exciting day for Global FM and the FM community, because we have the opportunity to showcase in various locations that facilities management is a critical, strategic business discipline, making a real contribution to the success of organizations.”
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?