NEW PRODUCT FLASH: LadderUP Safety Post
This product from The Bilco Company is now available in safety yellow. Previously only manufactured in black, the LadderUP® Safety Post is an extension device for fixed ladders, designed to allow workers safe entrance and egress from roof hatches, manholes, or floor, vault and sidewalk doors.
The new yellow color, supplied as a powder coat finish, gives the safety device more visibility in the dark and confined spaces in which the product is typically used. The increased visibility from this color change will promote worker safety by encouraging greater usage and making the product easier to operate in these environments. Additionally, the color change is part of Bilco’s effort to standardize the color of its line of safety products to safety yellow.
The spring balanced LadderUP features rugged tubular construction and permanently mounts on the top two rungs of any fixed ladder, providing workers with a positive handhold and enabling them to enter or exit an opening in an upright and balanced position.
A release lever allows the LadderUP to be lowered to its retracted position. Meanwhile, adjustable mounting hardware accommodates virtually any ladder rung size or spacing. The telescoping design is spring balanced for ease of operation.
LadderUP is available in four levels of corrosion resistance (LU-1 through LU-4). LU-1 is a steel, yellow powder coat finish (black upon request), weighing 24 pounds; LU-2 is steel, hot dip galvanized, weighing 24 pounds; LU-3 is Type 304 stainless steel, also 24 pounds; and LU-4 is an aluminum, mill finish, weighing 14 pounds.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.