NEW PRODUCT FLASH: LadderUP Safety Post
This product from The Bilco Company is now available in safety yellow. Previously only manufactured in black, the LadderUP® Safety Post is an extension device for fixed ladders, designed to allow workers safe entrance and egress from roof hatches, manholes, or floor, vault and sidewalk doors.
The new yellow color, supplied as a powder coat finish, gives the safety device more visibility in the dark and confined spaces in which the product is typically used. The increased visibility from this color change will promote worker safety by encouraging greater usage and making the product easier to operate in these environments. Additionally, the color change is part of Bilco’s effort to standardize the color of its line of safety products to safety yellow.
The spring balanced LadderUP features rugged tubular construction and permanently mounts on the top two rungs of any fixed ladder, providing workers with a positive handhold and enabling them to enter or exit an opening in an upright and balanced position.
A release lever allows the LadderUP to be lowered to its retracted position. Meanwhile, adjustable mounting hardware accommodates virtually any ladder rung size or spacing. The telescoping design is spring balanced for ease of operation.
LadderUP is available in four levels of corrosion resistance (LU-1 through LU-4). LU-1 is a steel, yellow powder coat finish (black upon request), weighing 24 pounds; LU-2 is steel, hot dip galvanized, weighing 24 pounds; LU-3 is Type 304 stainless steel, also 24 pounds; and LU-4 is an aluminum, mill finish, weighing 14 pounds.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?