This product from The Bilco Company is now available in safety yellow. Previously only manufactured in black, the LadderUP® Safety Post is an extension device for fixed ladders, designed to allow workers safe entrance and egress from roof hatches, manholes, or floor, vault and sidewalk doors.
The new yellow color, supplied as a powder coat finish, gives the safety device more visibility in the dark and confined spaces in which the product is typically used. The increased visibility from this color change will promote worker safety by encouraging greater usage and making the product easier to operate in these environments. Additionally, the color change is part of Bilco’s effort to standardize the color of its line of safety products to safety yellow.
The spring balanced LadderUP features rugged tubular construction and permanently mounts on the top two rungs of any fixed ladder, providing workers with a positive handhold and enabling them to enter or exit an opening in an upright and balanced position.
A release lever allows the LadderUP to be lowered to its retracted position. Meanwhile, adjustable mounting hardware accommodates virtually any ladder rung size or spacing. The telescoping design is spring balanced for ease of operation.
LadderUP is available in four levels of corrosion resistance (LU-1 through LU-4). LU-1 is a steel, yellow powder coat finish (black upon request), weighing 24 pounds; LU-2 is steel, hot dip galvanized, weighing 24 pounds; LU-3 is Type 304 stainless steel, also 24 pounds; and LU-4 is an aluminum, mill finish, weighing 14 pounds.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs