This product from The Bilco Company is now available in safety yellow. Previously only manufactured in black, the LadderUP® Safety Post is an extension device for fixed ladders, designed to allow workers safe entrance and egress from roof hatches, manholes, or floor, vault and sidewalk doors.
The new yellow color, supplied as a powder coat finish, gives the safety device more visibility in the dark and confined spaces in which the product is typically used. The increased visibility from this color change will promote worker safety by encouraging greater usage and making the product easier to operate in these environments. Additionally, the color change is part of Bilco’s effort to standardize the color of its line of safety products to safety yellow.
The spring balanced LadderUP features rugged tubular construction and permanently mounts on the top two rungs of any fixed ladder, providing workers with a positive handhold and enabling them to enter or exit an opening in an upright and balanced position.
A release lever allows the LadderUP to be lowered to its retracted position. Meanwhile, adjustable mounting hardware accommodates virtually any ladder rung size or spacing. The telescoping design is spring balanced for ease of operation.
LadderUP is available in four levels of corrosion resistance (LU-1 through LU-4). LU-1 is a steel, yellow powder coat finish (black upon request), weighing 24 pounds; LU-2 is steel, hot dip galvanized, weighing 24 pounds; LU-3 is Type 304 stainless steel, also 24 pounds; and LU-4 is an aluminum, mill finish, weighing 14 pounds.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management