CANstruction®, a design and build competition to benefit local food banks across the nation, returns to Chicago on June 11, 2009 (in conjunction with The Merchandise Mart’s NeoCon® World’s Trade Fair). This competition allows local architects, engineers, and construction companies to create incredible structures using canned goods while using their design skills to fight hunger in Chicago.
Teams competiting include: Bailey Edward Design Inc., BLDD/Gilbane, Booth Hansen, Bovis Lend Lease, BSA Lifestructures, Eckenhoff Saunders Architects, Epstein/Areotek Firm, Gensler, Ghafari, HDR, Klein and Hoffman, Larson Engineering, Nagle Hartray Danker Kagan McKay Penney Architects, OKW Architects and Halvorsen Engineering, RJN Group Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Smithgroup, TJRWA, V3 Companies, Willis HRH.
All of the canned goods used in the structures are donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Last year’s CANstruction event raised approximately 85,000 of cans of food from 20 structures. This year’s event is expected to exceed that amount.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security