CANstruction®, a design and build competition to benefit local food banks across the nation, returns to Chicago on June 11, 2009 (in conjunction with The Merchandise Mart’s NeoCon® World’s Trade Fair). This competition allows local architects, engineers, and construction companies to create incredible structures using canned goods while using their design skills to fight hunger in Chicago.
Teams competiting include: Bailey Edward Design Inc., BLDD/Gilbane, Booth Hansen, Bovis Lend Lease, BSA Lifestructures, Eckenhoff Saunders Architects, Epstein/Areotek Firm, Gensler, Ghafari, HDR, Klein and Hoffman, Larson Engineering, Nagle Hartray Danker Kagan McKay Penney Architects, OKW Architects and Halvorsen Engineering, RJN Group Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Smithgroup, TJRWA, V3 Companies, Willis HRH.
All of the canned goods used in the structures are donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Last year’s CANstruction event raised approximately 85,000 of cans of food from 20 structures. This year’s event is expected to exceed that amount.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management