FRIDAY FUNNY: Incredible Edibles!
CANstruction®, a design and build competition to benefit local food banks across the nation, returns to Chicago on June 11, 2009 (in conjunction with The Merchandise Mart’s NeoCon® World’s Trade Fair). This competition allows local architects, engineers, and construction companies to create incredible structures using canned goods while using their design skills to fight hunger in Chicago.
Teams competiting include: Bailey Edward Design Inc., BLDD/Gilbane, Booth Hansen, Bovis Lend Lease, BSA Lifestructures, Eckenhoff Saunders Architects, Epstein/Areotek Firm, Gensler, Ghafari, HDR, Klein and Hoffman, Larson Engineering, Nagle Hartray Danker Kagan McKay Penney Architects, OKW Architects and Halvorsen Engineering, RJN Group Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Smithgroup, TJRWA, V3 Companies, Willis HRH.
All of the canned goods used in the structures are donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Last year’s CANstruction event raised approximately 85,000 of cans of food from 20 structures. This year’s event is expected to exceed that amount.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?