CANstruction®, a design and build competition to benefit local food banks across the nation, returns to Chicago on June 11, 2009 (in conjunction with The Merchandise Mart’s NeoCon® World’s Trade Fair). This competition allows local architects, engineers, and construction companies to create incredible structures using canned goods while using their design skills to fight hunger in Chicago.
Teams competiting include: Bailey Edward Design Inc., BLDD/Gilbane, Booth Hansen, Bovis Lend Lease, BSA Lifestructures, Eckenhoff Saunders Architects, Epstein/Areotek Firm, Gensler, Ghafari, HDR, Klein and Hoffman, Larson Engineering, Nagle Hartray Danker Kagan McKay Penney Architects, OKW Architects and Halvorsen Engineering, RJN Group Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Smithgroup, TJRWA, V3 Companies, Willis HRH.
All of the canned goods used in the structures are donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Last year’s CANstruction event raised approximately 85,000 of cans of food from 20 structures. This year’s event is expected to exceed that amount.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention