William A. Rodgers, Jr., president and CEO of GoodCents Holdings and second vice chair of the International Facility Management Association board of directors, has been selected by the U.S. State Department to serve on its Industry Advisory Panel. In his new role, Rodgers will join other industry experts in providing the State Department’s Bureau of Overseas Building Operations with information on the latest concepts, methods, best practices, and ideas affecting facility and property management.
The State Department’s Industry Advisory Panel was formed under the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The panel provides the department’s Bureau of Overseas Building Operations with the expert counsel it needs to provide safe, secure and functional facilities for U.S. diplomatic missions worldwide and to oversee the State Department’s real property assets. IFMA was asked by the State Department to nominate association members for consideration for appointment to the panel. Industry Advisory Panel members offer expertise in areas such as research and development, design, construction, the environment, emergency operations, security, and planning and development. Panel members serve one year terms and meet quarterly in Washington, DC.
“I am honored to represent IFMA as a member of the State Department advisory panel,” said Rodgers. “This is an opportunity for IFMA to utilize a significant level of its knowledge, resources, and expertise to assist the State Department in optimizing the oversight and operation of its portfolio. The association’s unique global reach will provide not only the highest degree of competency, but also a specific geographical understanding of the challenges facing today’s built environment.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades