A proven commitment to career development is a key factor in maintaining a competitive edge in times of economic uncertainty. The International Facility Management Association’s 2009 Spring Symposium, May 12-15 in Charlotte, NC, will help candidates in IFMA’s two credentialing programs broaden their knowledge and skills while working toward professional designations recognized by the business community as the standard of excellence and achievement in the facility management profession.
Held at the Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, the 2009 Spring Symposium will offer five of the nine core competency courses necessary to achieve a comprehensive understanding of the profession. Candidates for IFMA’s Facility Management Professional and Certified Facility Manager® credentials — and others looking to sharpen their skills and provide added value to their organizations — will learn practical ideas and solutions they can implement immediately.
Those entering the profession and pursuing the FMP credential may select the required Business of FM course or choose from the competency course offerings required by the FMP program. CFM® candidates may prepare for the exam in the symposium’s two-day review course, May 14-15, or select a competency course to fill in knowledge gaps in preparation for the exam.
“The state of the economy right now really presents a good opportunity for people to take charge of their careers and excel professionally, and Spring Symposium gives them the tools to do that,” said Jon Martens, CFM, CFMJ, IFMA Fellow and facilities operations division manager for Sonoma County, Calif. “The true leaders in facilities forge through tough situations and take advantage of times like this to prove themselves and get ahead of the pack.”
Those interested in registering for the event should contact IFMA Marketing Coordinator Melissa Reyes at 713-623-4362.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event