IFMA's Spring Symposium: May 12-15, 2009
A proven commitment to career development is a key factor in maintaining a competitive edge in times of economic uncertainty. The International Facility Management Association’s 2009 Spring Symposium, May 12-15 in Charlotte, NC, will help candidates in IFMA’s two credentialing programs broaden their knowledge and skills while working toward professional designations recognized by the business community as the standard of excellence and achievement in the facility management profession.
Held at the Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, the 2009 Spring Symposium will offer five of the nine core competency courses necessary to achieve a comprehensive understanding of the profession. Candidates for IFMA’s Facility Management Professional and Certified Facility Manager® credentials — and others looking to sharpen their skills and provide added value to their organizations — will learn practical ideas and solutions they can implement immediately.
Those entering the profession and pursuing the FMP credential may select the required Business of FM course or choose from the competency course offerings required by the FMP program. CFM® candidates may prepare for the exam in the symposium’s two-day review course, May 14-15, or select a competency course to fill in knowledge gaps in preparation for the exam.
“The state of the economy right now really presents a good opportunity for people to take charge of their careers and excel professionally, and Spring Symposium gives them the tools to do that,” said Jon Martens, CFM, CFMJ, IFMA Fellow and facilities operations division manager for Sonoma County, Calif. “The true leaders in facilities forge through tough situations and take advantage of times like this to prove themselves and get ahead of the pack.”
Those interested in registering for the event should contact IFMA Marketing Coordinator Melissa Reyes at 713-623-4362.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices