Standardized Building and Engineering Codes Due in 2010
The Structural Eurocodes are a set of harmonized European standards for the design of buildings and civil engineering structures. There are 10 Eurocodes made up of 58 parts that will be adopted in all EU Member States. Existing British Standards are due to be withdrawn on 31 March 2010 when full implementation of the Eurocodes will take place.
Responding to market demand, BSI British Standards has published a companion guide to the Structural Eurocodes – the new pan-European set of standards for designing and building civil engineering works.
This unbiased, 56-page guide is written by leading industry experts from the world of standards and further afield. It delivers practical and timely advice on how the new codes will work and how they might benefit construction professionals. The Guide covers important issues regarding the structural Eurocodes including:
- What are the Eurocodes?
- Why are they so important?
- Who produced the Eurocodes?
- What is the target date for their introduction into the UK?
- Are Eurocodes mandatory?
- How will they be used?
To request a copy of the guide, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Eurocodes” in the subject line.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ