“Love Land,” a theme park with risqué exhibits was shut down before it even opened. Under construction in the city of Chongqing in China, the site was ordered by local officials last weekend to be dismantled.
A reason was not given for shutting down the sex theme park; however, photographs of the adult-only attraction had been circulated on the Internet over the weekend, which prompted backlash from some of the population.
Exhibits included giant sized reproductions of male and female anatomy, dissertations on how the topic of sex is treated in various cultures, workshops, and a photography exhibition about the history of sex. The displays would also have included lessons on safe sex, according to the park manager.
Local officials must have been aware of the construction of the park (which was slated to open in October). However, it seems that the backlash proved too much to go ahead with opening this facility. Maybe next time!
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation