WEIRD WEDNESDAY: Risky Business
“Love Land,” a theme park with risqué exhibits was shut down before it even opened. Under construction in the city of Chongqing in China, the site was ordered by local officials last weekend to be dismantled.
A reason was not given for shutting down the sex theme park; however, photographs of the adult-only attraction had been circulated on the Internet over the weekend, which prompted backlash from some of the population.
Exhibits included giant sized reproductions of male and female anatomy, dissertations on how the topic of sex is treated in various cultures, workshops, and a photography exhibition about the history of sex. The displays would also have included lessons on safe sex, according to the park manager.
Local officials must have been aware of the construction of the park (which was slated to open in October). However, it seems that the backlash proved too much to go ahead with opening this facility. Maybe next time!
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices