“Love Land,” a theme park with risqué exhibits was shut down before it even opened. Under construction in the city of Chongqing in China, the site was ordered by local officials last weekend to be dismantled.
A reason was not given for shutting down the sex theme park; however, photographs of the adult-only attraction had been circulated on the Internet over the weekend, which prompted backlash from some of the population.
Exhibits included giant sized reproductions of male and female anatomy, dissertations on how the topic of sex is treated in various cultures, workshops, and a photography exhibition about the history of sex. The displays would also have included lessons on safe sex, according to the park manager.
Local officials must have been aware of the construction of the park (which was slated to open in October). However, it seems that the backlash proved too much to go ahead with opening this facility. Maybe next time!
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs