“Love Land,” a theme park with risqué exhibits was shut down before it even opened. Under construction in the city of Chongqing in China, the site was ordered by local officials last weekend to be dismantled.
A reason was not given for shutting down the sex theme park; however, photographs of the adult-only attraction had been circulated on the Internet over the weekend, which prompted backlash from some of the population.
Exhibits included giant sized reproductions of male and female anatomy, dissertations on how the topic of sex is treated in various cultures, workshops, and a photography exhibition about the history of sex. The displays would also have included lessons on safe sex, according to the park manager.
Local officials must have been aware of the construction of the park (which was slated to open in October). However, it seems that the backlash proved too much to go ahead with opening this facility. Maybe next time!
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management