Frank Booty's Facilities Management Handbook Now Available
Last month (5/6/09), Elsevier published Frank Booty’s Facilities Management Handbook, 4th Edition. This book gives a complete overview of the role of the facilities manager, including the relevant legal compliance, strategic policies, and best practice information needed to ensure the safe, efficient, and cost-effective running of any facilities function.
This new edition reflects the greater awareness of sustainable practices, as well as bringing the book up-to-date in line with changes to legislation. Complete with checklists and sources of further information, the book offers easy-to-find practical advice to this broad and complex field.
The Facilities Management Handbook will be essential reading for professionals responsible for facilities, services provision, and health and safety in the workplace. The contents includes:
- Foreword (Written by Richard Byatt, on behalf of the BIFM);
- Part 1: Complying with the Law (health and safety law; law on staff, casual, and contract workers; property law);
- Part 2: Managing your business effectively (financial management; risk management; business continuity; outsourcing; transport policies; IT and communications); and
- Part 3: The Built Environment (workplace facilities; space design and management; access, safety, and security; and maintenance and repair).
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.