Last month (5/6/09), Elsevier published Frank Booty’s Facilities Management Handbook, 4th Edition. This book gives a complete overview of the role of the facilities manager, including the relevant legal compliance, strategic policies, and best practice information needed to ensure the safe, efficient, and cost-effective running of any facilities function.
This new edition reflects the greater awareness of sustainable practices, as well as bringing the book up-to-date in line with changes to legislation. Complete with checklists and sources of further information, the book offers easy-to-find practical advice to this broad and complex field.
The Facilities Management Handbook will be essential reading for professionals responsible for facilities, services provision, and health and safety in the workplace. The contents includes:
- Foreword (Written by Richard Byatt, on behalf of the BIFM);
- Part 1: Complying with the Law (health and safety law; law on staff, casual, and contract workers; property law);
- Part 2: Managing your business effectively (financial management; risk management; business continuity; outsourcing; transport policies; IT and communications); and
- Part 3: The Built Environment (workplace facilities; space design and management; access, safety, and security; and maintenance and repair).
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- York Chiller Mobile App