Last month (5/6/09), Elsevier published Frank Booty’s Facilities Management Handbook, 4th Edition. This book gives a complete overview of the role of the facilities manager, including the relevant legal compliance, strategic policies, and best practice information needed to ensure the safe, efficient, and cost-effective running of any facilities function.
This new edition reflects the greater awareness of sustainable practices, as well as bringing the book up-to-date in line with changes to legislation. Complete with checklists and sources of further information, the book offers easy-to-find practical advice to this broad and complex field.
The Facilities Management Handbook will be essential reading for professionals responsible for facilities, services provision, and health and safety in the workplace. The contents includes:
- Foreword (Written by Richard Byatt, on behalf of the BIFM);
- Part 1: Complying with the Law (health and safety law; law on staff, casual, and contract workers; property law);
- Part 2: Managing your business effectively (financial management; risk management; business continuity; outsourcing; transport policies; IT and communications); and
- Part 3: The Built Environment (workplace facilities; space design and management; access, safety, and security; and maintenance and repair).
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts