Last month (5/6/09), Elsevier published Frank Booty’s Facilities Management Handbook, 4th Edition. This book gives a complete overview of the role of the facilities manager, including the relevant legal compliance, strategic policies, and best practice information needed to ensure the safe, efficient, and cost-effective running of any facilities function.
This new edition reflects the greater awareness of sustainable practices, as well as bringing the book up-to-date in line with changes to legislation. Complete with checklists and sources of further information, the book offers easy-to-find practical advice to this broad and complex field.
The Facilities Management Handbook will be essential reading for professionals responsible for facilities, services provision, and health and safety in the workplace. The contents includes:
- Foreword (Written by Richard Byatt, on behalf of the BIFM);
- Part 1: Complying with the Law (health and safety law; law on staff, casual, and contract workers; property law);
- Part 2: Managing your business effectively (financial management; risk management; business continuity; outsourcing; transport policies; IT and communications); and
- Part 3: The Built Environment (workplace facilities; space design and management; access, safety, and security; and maintenance and repair).
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention