IFMA, ASHRAE Collaborate on Energy Efficiency Issues
With buildings accounting for 40% of primary energy use in developed nations, it is becoming increasingly important to find ways to build and operate them in an energy efficient manner. In recognition of this, the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers and the International Facility Management Association are entering into an agreement that increases cooperation between the two groups.
The memorandum of understanding, which was signed last year at IFMA’s World Workplace Conference Expo, calls for sharing resources and collaborating on projects, publications, sustainability research, and educational offerings that will be beneficial to both organizations’ members and constituents. ASHRAE and IFMA will also work together on legislative and regulatory issues through their Washington, DC, offices.
“Engineers and facility managers share an important relationship in creating and maintaining buildings that are safe, healthy and energy efficient,” said Bill Harrison, ASHRAE president. “Now, ASHRAE and IFMA are seeking to take that cooperative relationship to the next level. This agreement strengthens the existing partnership between our two organizations. By working together on issues in the built environment, we can enhance our respective efforts to create a sustainable future.”
“ASHRAE’s indoor air quality standards have long provided benchmarks and guidelines for facility managers to use in keeping workers comfortable, safe and productive,” said David J. Brady, IFMA president and CEO. “In the new era of triple bottom line accountability on financial, social and environmental contributions, the need for energy vigilance and conservation is greater than ever.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.