NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Turf-Blend 6-0-0
Converted Organics Inc., a Boston-based manufacturer, is diverting food waste from landfills to produce fertilizers for lawns, golf courses, sports turf, and other landscape uses. According to the EPA, about 96 billion pounds of food waste is disposed of each year in the U.S. Due to the difficult nature of composting food waste on a large scale, the majority of this waste is destined for landfills or incineration.
To combat this, Converted Organics collects food waste from supermarkets, restaurants, and processing plants and then uses its patented technology to transform the food waste into a high quality, organic fertilizer. The process is large-scale, expedited version of backyard composting, which introduces additional oxygen as well as heat into a closed, carefully monitored tank, as a way to accelerate the digestion process. As a result, what would take months to compost can be quickly converted to a useful all natural fertilizer product in a matter of hours.
One of company’s products, Turf-Blend™ 6-0-0*, is a liquid fertilizer. Its nutrients are derived from L-Lysine Amino Acid, compost, and phosphoric acid. This product has been formulated to provide professional greenskeepers and landscape professionals with a high quality, fully pasteurized liquid fertilizer suitable for use on all types of turf and any soil condition.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.