The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is soliciting applications for nearly $7 million in Susan Harwood Training Grants available to nonprofit, community, and faith-based organizations. OSHA awards funds to provide training and education programs on safety and health topics for workers and their employers. For fiscal 2009, the program offers 24 targeted topic areas including crane safety, combustible dust, emergency preparedness and response, and the OSHA recordkeeping process.
“Training is an integral part of OSHA’s mission of assuring worker safety and health,” said acting Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA Jordan Barab. “The Susan Harwood Training Grant Program welcomes organizations that can serve as extensions of our agency to educate workers and their employers on reducing injuries and illnesses, and saving lives.”
Training grants will be awarded for a 24-month performance period. Grant solicitations were published in the June 10 edition of the Federal Register.
Applications are due July 24, 2009. Applications for grants must be submitted electronically using the government-wide Web site. Applicants can complete the mandatory online registration at any time; however, registration must take place before beginning the application process. Applicants are encouraged to complete registration as soon as possible.
Grant applications must be received electronically no later than 4:30 p.m. EST on July 24, 2009. No extensions of the deadline will be granted. Questions from the public regarding this announcement should be directed to Cynthia Bencheck at email@example.com or Jim Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone 847-297-4810.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program