The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is soliciting applications for nearly $7 million in Susan Harwood Training Grants available to nonprofit, community, and faith-based organizations. OSHA awards funds to provide training and education programs on safety and health topics for workers and their employers. For fiscal 2009, the program offers 24 targeted topic areas including crane safety, combustible dust, emergency preparedness and response, and the OSHA recordkeeping process.
“Training is an integral part of OSHA’s mission of assuring worker safety and health,” said acting Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA Jordan Barab. “The Susan Harwood Training Grant Program welcomes organizations that can serve as extensions of our agency to educate workers and their employers on reducing injuries and illnesses, and saving lives.”
Training grants will be awarded for a 24-month performance period. Grant solicitations were published in the June 10 edition of the Federal Register.
Applications are due July 24, 2009. Applications for grants must be submitted electronically using the government-wide Web site. Applicants can complete the mandatory online registration at any time; however, registration must take place before beginning the application process. Applicants are encouraged to complete registration as soon as possible.
Grant applications must be received electronically no later than 4:30 p.m. EST on July 24, 2009. No extensions of the deadline will be granted. Questions from the public regarding this announcement should be directed to Cynthia Bencheck at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Barnes at email@example.com and telephone 847-297-4810.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention