OSHA Seeking Applicants for $7 million in Safety & Health Training Grants
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is soliciting applications for nearly $7 million in Susan Harwood Training Grants available to nonprofit, community, and faith-based organizations. OSHA awards funds to provide training and education programs on safety and health topics for workers and their employers. For fiscal 2009, the program offers 24 targeted topic areas including crane safety, combustible dust, emergency preparedness and response, and the OSHA recordkeeping process.
“Training is an integral part of OSHA’s mission of assuring worker safety and health,” said acting Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA Jordan Barab. “The Susan Harwood Training Grant Program welcomes organizations that can serve as extensions of our agency to educate workers and their employers on reducing injuries and illnesses, and saving lives.”
Training grants will be awarded for a 24-month performance period. Grant solicitations were published in the June 10 edition of the Federal Register.
Applications are due July 24, 2009. Applications for grants must be submitted electronically using the government-wide Web site. Applicants can complete the mandatory online registration at any time; however, registration must take place before beginning the application process. Applicants are encouraged to complete registration as soon as possible.
Grant applications must be received electronically no later than 4:30 p.m. EST on July 24, 2009. No extensions of the deadline will be granted. Questions from the public regarding this announcement should be directed to Cynthia Bencheck at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Barnes at email@example.com and telephone 847-297-4810.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?