OSHA Seeking Applicants for $7 million in Safety & Health Training Grants
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is soliciting applications for nearly $7 million in Susan Harwood Training Grants available to nonprofit, community, and faith-based organizations. OSHA awards funds to provide training and education programs on safety and health topics for workers and their employers. For fiscal 2009, the program offers 24 targeted topic areas including crane safety, combustible dust, emergency preparedness and response, and the OSHA recordkeeping process.
“Training is an integral part of OSHA’s mission of assuring worker safety and health,” said acting Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA Jordan Barab. “The Susan Harwood Training Grant Program welcomes organizations that can serve as extensions of our agency to educate workers and their employers on reducing injuries and illnesses, and saving lives.”
Training grants will be awarded for a 24-month performance period. Grant solicitations were published in the June 10 edition of the Federal Register.
Applications are due July 24, 2009. Applications for grants must be submitted electronically using the government-wide Web site. Applicants can complete the mandatory online registration at any time; however, registration must take place before beginning the application process. Applicants are encouraged to complete registration as soon as possible.
Grant applications must be received electronically no later than 4:30 p.m. EST on July 24, 2009. No extensions of the deadline will be granted. Questions from the public regarding this announcement should be directed to Cynthia Bencheck at email@example.com or Jim Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone 847-297-4810.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.