The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is soliciting applications for nearly $7 million in Susan Harwood Training Grants available to nonprofit, community, and faith-based organizations. OSHA awards funds to provide training and education programs on safety and health topics for workers and their employers. For fiscal 2009, the program offers 24 targeted topic areas including crane safety, combustible dust, emergency preparedness and response, and the OSHA recordkeeping process.
“Training is an integral part of OSHA’s mission of assuring worker safety and health,” said acting Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA Jordan Barab. “The Susan Harwood Training Grant Program welcomes organizations that can serve as extensions of our agency to educate workers and their employers on reducing injuries and illnesses, and saving lives.”
Training grants will be awarded for a 24-month performance period. Grant solicitations were published in the June 10 edition of the Federal Register.
Applications are due July 24, 2009. Applications for grants must be submitted electronically using the government-wide Web site. Applicants can complete the mandatory online registration at any time; however, registration must take place before beginning the application process. Applicants are encouraged to complete registration as soon as possible.
Grant applications must be received electronically no later than 4:30 p.m. EST on July 24, 2009. No extensions of the deadline will be granted. Questions from the public regarding this announcement should be directed to Cynthia Bencheck at email@example.com or Jim Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone 847-297-4810.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management